IV. The Majestic 12

1993 LONDON ENGLAND

A woman sobbed. "No! No! No!"

A man panted. "Please! Please, don't kill us!"

The woman continued sobbing. "No! Please, no. Please! Don't! Don't kill us! No! No!"

"Please! I beg you, no!" The man began crawling. "No, please, don't!"

He gasped and fell still. The casing clattered to the floor. A figure walked up.

The Handler looked at the scene. "Shame."

The hitman left and the Handler crushed a cigarette under her shoe. She found a doll and picked it up.

There was a soft metal thud and the Handler went to investigate. She opened a small door and found a little girl. "Well." She lifted her veil. "Well, well, well. Look what we have here." She held up the doll. "Does this belong to you?" The girl took the doll and the Handler chuckled. "Come here, darling. Come, come." The little girl walked into the Handler's open arms. "Yeah." The Handler picked her up. "Come on. Yes. There we go."

INT. COMMISSION OFFICE

Young Lila sat at a table eating ice cream.

The Handler, standing behind, asked, "Does that taste good, little one?" Lila nodded.

EXT. FIELD

Lila, older, dodged bullets from the gun the Handler was shooting by flipping over buildings and obstacles.

INT. COMMISSION

"Trust no one," the Handler said. Young Lila spoke in Mandarin. "Always be alert." Young Lila spoke in Mandarin again.

The Handler said in Mandarin, "Very good, little one."

INT. COMMISSION OFFICE

The Handler gave Lila a corsage and said in English, "So, we got you white... so you and your gorgeous dress can be the star. It's simple." She put it on Lila's wrist. "Oh, it's perfect." Lila chuckled. "Oh, little one." Lila laughed. "Okay." Lila giggled and the Handler sighed as she grabbed a camera. "All right, now, smile." Lila smiled awkwardly. "And look like you mean it."

"Okay," Lila replied as she smiled wider.

"All right, say cheese. Say cheese."

"Cheese."

The Handler took her picture.

Lila exited a car. The driver was dead in the back.

INT. HOTEL ROOM

The Handler ate pancakes. "Mmm."

"You want me to protect Five?" Lila asked.

"It's not that complicated honey."

"If anyone deserves to die, it's him."

"That's true, but..."

"The most wanted man in the Commission."

"Yes."

"Now you want me to protect him."

"That's correct."

"After everything he's done to you? He's the reason you got demoted."

"Be that as it may... he's worth more to me alive. If you want to kill somebody, why don't you kill Diego?"

"No."

"You sure? I think it'll make you feel better."

"Nah."