chapter 8

Peeta POV

when she says that my heart drops no no she cant she is my everything we get there and they go running away with her. A different nurse come up to me and tells me to get haymitch, effie, willow and rye and we don't have to go into the waiting room we can wait in a private room when the others come in I burst in to tears again even though I never stopped. "her heart stopped half way though the trip." I cry effie pulls the kids into a hug "KATS HEART STOPPED SHE DIED."I SCREAM and fall to my knees haymitch sits down next to me and tells me "she is brave peeta, she is also strong she will make it." I just cant live without her I love her to much it hurts. We have been sitting in the room for a couple of hours when nurse comes in. I stand up straight away and ask "is she alive." I am shaking scared to how she will respond "um, can you please all sit down?" the nurse asks. At this moment I am on the verge of more tears she is dead I cant believe it. " so she is just alive but she has fallen into a coma and is on life support I am sorry but we don't think she will ever wake up and the machines might need to be turned off if it is taking to long. And if she doesn't improve." The nurse tells me looking at me sadly. I run out of the room and I don't know where I am going I find myself looking at the sunset on a deck at the hospital. I think about how we used to do this all the time at home oh I miss her I just want to be able to here he voice again and she she open grey eyes.

*1 week later*

I havent left her side I have to be here when she wakes up they say she hasnt improved so I am starting to get scared haymitch and effie come every day with the kids. I just want all this to be over

*3 weeks later*

Its now been a month since she has been on life support and she still hasn't made any improvments I am so worried and I am also starting to give up hope. The kids are terrified right now as they don't want to lose their mum and I understand how they feel but I don't want to lose my wife. There is a knock at the door and a doctor comes in "Mr Mellark we are going to have to have a talk about you wife ok." I nod my head in agreement ad I am to scared to talk right now. "I am truly sorry but we will have to turn it off today she isnt making any improvments." I am in shock they can't I can't loose her. "NO, please just a couple more days, Please" I pled. The doctor looks down at his papers "alright 3 more days then if there is no improvements then we will have to turn it off." He says then leaves the room. I call up haymitch and effie to tell them what is happening and to not tell the kids just yet. After I hang up I fall to my knees clutching onto katniss hand begging for her to wake up just hoping she would reply but she dosent. i start to fell my eyes droop so I let them and fall asleep.

Katniss pov

I can hear every thing but I can't see anything I can only see black all of a sudden I fell like I am flying see light am I about to wake up so I close my eyes when I open them again I am lying down on nothing evrything is just white am I dead I question myself. I don't know what is happening then I see a figure that is appearing I look closer to see who it is and when I look closer I see him I see my dad I go running up to him and give him a big hug "Dad is it really you? What is happening to me?" I questions tears pouring down my face. "yes it is me katniss. You are in a coma you are on the verge of death." He tells me "so I am going to die?" I don't want to die but then I want to see everyone again "its your choice." He replies "so you, prim, rue, finnick and everyone else had a choice and you chose to die." I am angry I cant believe them "no, no darling we didn't have a choice but doctors saved you and are in the middle of dead and alive so you have a choice" he explains to me "so I will chose to be with you and everyone else." I am kind of happy to be with my dad and sister again. "please katniss don't do it." He dosnt want me to be with hime I think "so you don't want to see me" I say tearing up agin "no of course I do but look at everyone else that loves you." I can see what everyone is doing I can see peeta holding on to pale hand and sleeping with his tear stained and red puffy face. I can see haymitch, efiie, my mother, annie, finn, johanna, the kids and a few other people sitting around a dinner table not doing anything just playing with there food. " see everyone needs you kat." My dad says pulling me out of my thoughts "but what about you, and I don't want o go back and have to deal with being sick" I don't want to stay sick I hate it "I am always with you katniss I never leave. And how do you know this coma has cured your sickness." And he winks at me "ok I will go back." I start to feel like I am falling down down down I sit up with a gasp. Peeta jolts up "omg katniss your awake." Teas forming in his eyes he then runs out and comes back with a doctor. "ok we will need to get some test done on you now katniss."the doctor tells me "c-can peeta pl-please come." I struggle to get out "um. Ok sure." The doctor pushes by bed out of the room and peeta holds my hand.

OMG i am such a terrible speller this is the second last chapter😒😘