Δ C H A P T E R 1 Δ

23rd June, 1991
The Cupboard under the stairs,
4 Privet Drive,
Little Whinging.
SURREY

“Ellie”

A girl of 10 years old is seen sleeping all cuddled up in a blanket having her favourite abnormal dream where she is riding a motorcycle. But it’s not normal motorcycle after all ‘Normal’ is outdated and if it was then how it can be an abnormal dream. It’s actually a flying motorcycle.

“Ellie”

At an early age, she used to have same dream but instead of her, a huge man was riding it, making it fly, with two children; maybe her and her twin in the darkness of night. Again, sometimes instead of that huge man, she sees herself in the arm of a shoulder-length black hair man who is talking as well as riding it enthusiastically with her. She is sure that child is herself due to the presence of red hair that was blowing in the wind and hazel eyes which was sparkling mischievously mirroring the man’s grey eyes. But flying part? She is not sure. After all it doesn’t go well with logic.

At that time, she used to think that man was her father. Later on she realized it not possible due to the presence of the man grey eyes because according to logic, her father is supposed to have green eyes like her twin or hazel eyes like her.  

“Ellie”

With the passing of years, her dream is modified to her riding a flying motorcycle which she will make sure doesn’t remain a dream when she comes to legal age of driving. Unfortunately, flying part will remain a dream after all it’s not possible but one can dream right.

“Ellie”

She was so engrossed in her dream that she failed to hear someone’s trying to wake her. Like always. Whereas the person who was trying, her twin, is sighing at his no success though he has been doing this job everyday from the moment he can remember after all who would forget the Dursleys first and last failure at being unable to wake his twin sister by getting splashed by cold water for disturbing her. And that’s how, Harry James Potter got his first duty to make sure his twin wake up and no more prank take place in the Dursleys household.

Waking part was okay but ‘no more prank’ part? Well nobody can dictate Aurelie Lily Potter’s activities and she made sure Dursleys knows that with another famous prank. Hair Dye in shampoo. Let’s just say, they weren’t happy. But who cares? Definitely not her.

Sometimes, he thinks he had been doing this ‘Wake up’ duty before that. It feels important but how? He doesn’t know. Maybe it’s only a feeling. Shaking his head to get rid of the thoughts, he focuses his attention at his twin sleeping form. Though his sister looks cute with her mouth open, he knows he has to wake her up. With that thought, he started to shake her lightly. Still Unresponsive.

Finally losing his patience, he started shaking her, holding her two shoulders this time, and whisper-yelled “AURELIEEE” at her making sure his aunt or uncle doesn’t hear.

Aurelie finally started coming out of her dreamland and when she saw her brother standing over her, she dazedly mumbled out “I swear Haz, I didn’t do anything yet” before started falling asleep. But before she was able to, Harry made her sit holding her hand to keep her steady.

“No you need to wake up. Aunt Petunia‘s order. Besides, today is Dudley’s birthday so she needs ‘everything perfect’” said Harry mimicking their Aunt’s ‘I want everything perfect on Dudley’s birthday’ voice making Aurelie giggle. It was rare to see Harry mock someone.

“But I want to sleep” Aurelie said in her childish tone which she only uses with Harry when she wants something after all he is the only close one she has to call her friend and family. Harry knows why his sister is doing so much drama. ‘She wants a deal. And sadly she knows I know what she wants. But also I know how to take no loss after years of dealing with her’ thought Harry smirking.