To Think I Could Have Lost You

"I never wanted to lose you... I should have returned or asked for a letter to be sent.

I could have came to see you first or asked for you sooner. I could have done something to help you.

I didn't know how much pain you would be in..."

He never thought he could lose someone so dear again.

___________________________________

Link ran for what seemed like an eternity. From the domain to the villages nearby, up the mountains, into the rivers, he ran and ran in search for Sidon. Worry and pain consumed him entirely as he called out for him. There was no way that Sidon had run away, he was responsible, smart, even while he was undergoing an overwhelming amount of emotion. He smiled when he was overwhelmed and tried to inspire those around him. Though more often than not he would push aside his own feelings for the happiness of others.

Knowing that, well... it hurt Link immensely.

Honestly speaking, he should have known Sidon would do something drastic if he were to ever die. The Prince was so passionate and loving about everything!

Link found himself smiling at the thought of the missing prince, his prince. He had to find him, he had to bring him back to show he was alive and well and oh so much how he had been missed. But where else can he look? He has been up to Lanayru to the canyons and all the way to the lost woods... It has taken upwards of four days to travel, the sheikah slate allowing him to travel faster. He didn't wish to check the desert because what Zora would go there? Though he was told Sidon did travel there...

He shakes his head and opens the slates map. Where else could he look truly? Sidon wouldn't have known about the island far out to see or even dare go towards death mountain. He would not go back to the desert if he had been there once already.

Link sighs and chooses to go to Vah Ruta to see if Miphas spirit still resided there. Perhaps she could offer guidance or perhaps Sidon would have gone to her as well.

As he disappears and reappears its clear that he is not on or inside the Divine Beast. Instead he was transported to the peak of Shatterback Point. It was... odd to say the least he thought as he looks around. He can see the whole domain from there as he had once before. But as he looked down he saw a mass of Zora gathering near the healing baths. He couldn't make out what any of them were carrying or how many there were, just that there were A LOT of them. He could tell that they were moving somewhat frantically. It was worrying but he ignored them for a moment to carefully travel down the mountain.

If he could not travel directly onto the beast than that must mean it has no importance to this, he thought. But perhaps there was something here instead. He saw no evidence of monsters coming back up here, no lynel thank Hylia. No signs of anything really, besides the land healing from repeated attacks from the shock arrows.

This place held nothing. So why was he even transported here instead of the beast, or to the domain where there seems to be something going on within? He stood confused and thinking for another moment, not realizing two hylians approaching.

"Oh... um didn't expect someone else to be up here."

Link jumps and stares at the tired looking man and a little girl. He quickly signs an apology and bows his head. The man seems a bit confused by this but shakes his head.

"S-sorry son but I uh... I don't understand signs all that well... um..." He scratches his head while the child holds onto his arm. Link sighs and tries to speak.

"sorry... where did you come from?"

The man's eyes widen before he speaks "Oh! I have just come from the domain... it's a bit hectic down there... so my daughter and I decided to slip away..." Link tilts his head curiously and the man continues. "My name is Norah... and this is Esa."