two

The college has been the least favourite places for Malaika, but she has to go there anyway. What she hated the most was, having to wake up early after having such a tiring night the previous day. That was a heck of a function after all. But now she cannot skip any more classes. With a sulking face, she was eating her breakfast when that phone call came; which was going to change her whole damn life yet no one had any clue.

"Malaika, you're not going to college today." Shahana Abbasi, her mother informed loud enough for everyone at the dining table to hear, she then turned to her nephews, "you guys can take leave too."

Everyone's eyes lit up excitedly at that as they passed happy smiles to each other which gets interrupted by a clearing of throat, "don't be too happy you all. It's Malaika and Zayn's engagement today. I have work for all of you people." Fahad Abbasi smiled mischievously at his cousins whose face fell at the name 'work'. But only one person has clearly heard what her brother said and that made her cheeks turn crimson in shyness. It's finally happening. She thought half excitedly and half shyly.

Zayn Abbasi was her Taya Abbu's son, whose relationship was fixed with her right when they were kids. It's all the elders' doings. But Malaika and Zayn were okay anyway. For one, they knew each other their whole lives and they had no objection to marrying. But what Malaika didn't know was, she'd be married this soon. She's only nineteen but whatever happens, happens for a reason anyway. Ducking her head in shyness, she quickly slipped away from the table, before any of her cousins could make fun of her.

On her way to the room, she bumped into Zayn, who caught her hand with a glint of mischievousness in his eyes, "where are you running away, Malaika?"

Her pale white skin turns unusually red in his presence, and today it was extra red. Lowering her gaze, she tried to get away from his grip, but he loved making fun of her, "your face tells me that they told the news to you?"

"Yes, leave me now. S-somebody will see." she was too innocent for her own good and that made him like her more and more every day.

"I will see you at the engagement then?" he asked with a naughty smile but she pushed him away with all her might and ran away from there making him laugh hysterically. What did he do to deserve her, he had no idea but he's going to cherish her. That is for sure.

Taking out his phone, he went onto the gallery and selects two pictures from the favourite list and posted them on Instagram with the caption, "from then to now and many more to come in the future Insha Allah. #soontobewife #gettinghitched #childhoodfiance."

One was the picture taken when they were kids and the next one was taken recently during their other cousin's wedding. He didn't even realize that his one stupid act was going to cost him too much. He was too busy liking the congratulations comments to care about the other things.

***

Arsalaan was casually sipping his black coffee when his little sister barged into his room, he had an important client meeting to attend in a few minutes, but looking at the state in which his sister was, his heart skipped a beat.

"Inaya?" he left whatever he was doing and came to hold her in his arms, she hugged her brother tightly whilst crying her eyes out.

"Bhai." she couldn't even form any other words as sadness overtook her emotions and tears couldn't stop flowing.

"What happened? Tell me, Inaya? Please stop crying. You know right? I cannot see you like this?" a worried Arsalaan made her look at his face, whilst wiping off her tears. She is all he had, who he can call a family and seeing her in distress makes him so mad. He'd do anything for her happiness and she knew that too well.

"Bhai..." she cried once again, making him feel so helpless. Her tears made him feel such vile things.

"I don't know how should I say this, I'm sorry, Bhai. But I'm in love with someone," she admitted, cautious of her words.

He didn't know what was the big deal about that, he could understand that girls her age get easily attracted and that was common. As long as she told him and things are halal, he was okay with that. Her happiness matter to him first. Even if he wasn't a good Muslim, he only wanted the best for his sister, for he already started planning her wedding in his mind. So that she'd get into a halal relationship. 

"You're crying for that?" he asked whilst sighing in relief. He has assumed so many bad things with the way she was crying. Thank goodness that it was just this, relieved, he looked at her crying face. He wasn't that typical brother, who opposes love and all. 

"No. He's getting engaged to someone else." Inaya muttered those words venomously whilst tears continued to flow down her cheeks. His eyes burned with rage as he heard that.

"How dare he? I will kill that bastard." it didn't take any second for him to say those words. Whoever hurts his only sister will have his wrath.

"I-i. He doesn't know that I'm in love with him," she admitted whilst continuing to cry.

"You're confusing me."

"I've been in love with him for four years now. We studied together. We're best friends. I thought by the end of this last semester I'll confess my feelings. But he's getting engaged with his childhood fiance." she cried angrily whilst hiccuping.

"You can't force someone to love you, Inaya." these were not the words that she expected him to say. She was so shocked that she even stopped hiccuping.

"Please ask his hands for me, please Bhai. I love him so much." she didn't think that it'd be so difficult to convince her brother, but she is doing it anyway. She will do whatever she can to make him help her.

Inaya gets whatever she wants and she will get Zayn Abbasi, at any cost. She has no idea when did her love turned into an obsession. But it will be too late when she'd realize that. 

"You're not in your senses, Inaya. Go sleep or something. Stop being so stubborn." Arsalaan sighed as he walked to his wardrobe leaving a very shocked Inaya behind.

"I love him, Bhai." she tried for the one last time.

"He doesn't love you, right? And I wouldn't approve of such marriage. Go to your room." he ordered her sternly, while taking out his outfit of the day from the closet.

Flabbergasted, Inaya marched away from there disappointedly whilst wiping off her tears. If not this, she'll find some other way, she was sure about that. Because Inaya gets what she wants and no one can stop her from making Zayn as hers.