seventeen

Apart from his sister and office, Arsalaan had no other life. That was until that fateful night; he met her and then his completely normal life took a crazy yet different turn. Now his days begin with her and ends with her. She's all he would think about; every single day. It was like he is obsessed with her these days; just a little talk, a small smile, holding hands, going for a long drive, snuggling at nights, hugging now and then, doing crazy little things with her would make his day. 

Malaika Abbasi came into his life like an angel that she was and changed its whole meaning in just three and half months. The life which he is living right now is nothing compared to the one he had lived before. It is so full of colourfulness and happiness. She changed him for good. If there was something which he truly regrets, it is the way they got married. He'd do anything to go back in time and change things, but the reality sucks big time. Because he cannot undo them and now he was paying its price every single day, by living in the fear of losing her one day. Even if he was really very happy, there was this corner of the heart which is constantly in pain and fear. 

He deserved it anyway. 

"Arsalaan." Malaika shook his shoulders with force, after not hearing any response from him for the fifth time that morning. He came out of his trance with a confused face and gave her a blank stare, "huh?"

"I called your name for like five times." she raised her eyebrows at him, quizzically. 

"I was thinking something." he shrugged nonchalantly. 

"What were you thinking?" she retorted, shaking his head in no, Arsalaan scooted her towards him. She sat closer to him with a shy smile with her heart beating faster than the normal rate. Her husband tends to have this effect on her, which she absolutely loved. 

"Why were you calling me, hm?" he asked while she played with the buttons on his shirt, whilst placing her head against his chest. They've grown pretty close unknowingly without realizing what was happening and now things like this became pretty common. Although the blush on her face would make an appearance once in a while, like today. 

"I watched a movie yesterday and." before she could finish, Arsalaan cuts her off in the middle with an exasperated sigh, "you need to stop watching those. I don't when you're going to ask for what. It's spoiling your little brain."

Malaika scrunched her nose cutely at his comment but continued nevertheless, "I watched a movie yesterday and the heroine was applying Mehendi on her hands. Seeing that." 

"You too wish to have Mehendi drawn on your hands." he completed for her, who nodded her head eagerly with an excited smile. 

"You always know what I want, you're the best husband." Malaika snuggled more tightly making him freeze for a moment, from which he recovered quickly and a small smile formed on his lips as he wraps his arms around her. 

It was early in the morning, they were on the terrace, sitting on the swing and were watching the sunrise silently until Malaika came up with her sudden demand. 

"And you're an angel. My angel." Arsalaan passed her his charming smile which made her breath hitch. Whilst holding her tightly. 

"Why do you keep calling me that?" Malaika asked, it wasn't the first time and it won't be the last time that he will be calling her with this endearment, she might as well ask why he prefers this one out of every other endearment. 

"I might bore you." Arsalaan looked away, not being able to maintain eye contact and she tilted his chin and made him face her," what is it?" she asked in her sweet voice. Which was enough for him to melt. 

"I was a clueless person before I met you. I've not shared this with you because I was scared of your health, I could never compromise with that. But today, I want to share this with you." Arsalaan was suddenly vulnerable and broken, which shook Malaika.