Chapter 17

I woke up to the sound of a knock on the door and followed by Damian’s voice.
“Brielle are you up?”

“Yes Didi." I said with a sleepy voice and he opened the door slightly.

“Wakeup sleepy head. It’s time for basketball.” he said making funny faces. I laughed and threw a pillow at him “We are not leaving early today.
We leave by 10 but then get ready so you can eat and take your drugs. Okay."

“Yes captain.” I said back. He smiled and closed the door, I turned to look at Diana who was sleeping peacefully on the other end of the bed. Last night I slept in her room. I yawned and turned to look at the time which was reading 8:10a.m.

I am glad we are back to normal with my sister. I got up and went to my room to have a bath and get dressed. I am finally taking my friends advice, no more hidden Daisy, I am bringing her into my life no more nerdy dressing.

I finally got out of the bathroom, the weather looks damn cloudy today so I picked a black hoody and a black jeans, matching it with a with white sneakers. I packed my hair in a ponytail style and wore my contact lens. My nerdy glasses is placed neatly in my drawer, then I closed it. Before I head downstairs I went to Diana’s room. She’s awake but still on bed, “Feeling lazy to get up huh." I said sitting beside her bed.

“Wow brielle what’s up with the new transformation?” she said while sitting down to observe me more. I smiled and said, “Well no more nerdy Brielle. I am done hiding behind those nerdy looks." I said while smiling.

“Now that’s more like it. I am happy for you sis. So, where to?” she asked me, “I am following Didi to the basketball court as usual. Alright, see you later." I said back.

“Alright be careful and take care." she said while laying down back on her bed and I left her room. Going downstairs I felt the same bad feeling I had at the pit of my stomach just like last week but I shaked the feeling off, I don’t want it to mean anything.

I met Damian in the kitchen already doing best what he knows how to do, cooking pancakes.

“Morning chef and what do we have for breakfast?” I said grinning from ear to ear.

“Hahaha chef indeed. I already made you coffee it’s on the kitchen table, hot choco with marshmallow as usual.” he said while flipping the last piece of pancake from the pan.

“Aww what will I do without you Didi." I cooed while hugging him, he gave me a tounge-out face and I laughed and sat by the kitchen table sipping my coffee. I looked at the window and the weather is still cloudy, it’s getting darker gradually and I checked my phone for weather forecast, indeed there will be a heavy rain today.

“Didi do you think it’s a good idea to go out today, the weather is looking pretty bad. And you know how I love to sleep when it’s raining.” I said to him.

“Yeah don’t worry honey, besides it won’t be a bad idea to play under the rain." he said back. “But I am having a bad feeling I don’t know why. You remember last week when I was having that feeling and I told you to please come back for me-" he cuts me off saying “And did I?” he said tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. And I rolled my eyes at him.

“Alright. round up and take your drugs so we can leave.” he said. And when we where about stepping out of the house Dad called our attention, he was coming down from the stairs “You two are going out. Seriously! the weather looks bad." Dad said.

“Don’t worry Dad we will be okay." said Damain giving him a grin but Dad wasn’t smiling “Kids of this days.” He said grumbling, “Alright then stay safe and come back early.” Dad said and went to the kitchen.