Chapter 24

I was laying on my bed looking at the dry ceiling because I missed staring at my star stickers in my former room, so instead I picked my phone and started playing candy crush on my phone to take me away from the reality of my life at the moment.

I heard noise coming from the living room it’s like we have guests, I checked the time and it was already 5:30 p.m, I wonder who could be in our house by this time.

Few minutes have passed and I heard a knock on my door. “It’s open I said." I said

And Mom came in with Mrs. Griffin and her twins, immediately my eyes landed on Logan and Lucas my stomach turned into a knot and my expression changed but then I have to be nice to their Mom,

“Hey dearie," Mrs. Griffin said, I sat down properly on my bed and kept my phone on my lap.

“Hello Mrs. Griffin.” I smile when she sat on the bed, “Oh come on, call me Rose please.” She said creasing my cheeks,

“I think Ms. Rose would be better.” I said giving her a smile.

“Okay, if you say so.” She shrugged.

Now I got nervous because all eyes is on me but immediately Ms. Rose saw my discomfort she then said,“Sorry I couldn’t come by to the hospital, you know how our work is always. So, I brought you my special cookies to make it up and welcome back home dearie.”

Immediately she said so my eyes light up and I hugged her, “Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.” I said.

I was about to let go when she whispered in my ear
“I know you don’t want to see my son’s or have anything to do with them. But I think you guys need to talk, because all of you are hurting in different way and the best thing is to talk things out. Believe me I know how it is to be at the receiving end, we recently had a heart to heart conversation with my crazy son's for not seeing the amazing jewel they have in front of them, so please for my sake hear them out. And when you healthy to come over to my place I will tell you my own part of the story if you need to know anything. Besides I didn’t tell your mother about you and Lucas fight because it will break her. That will be our secret okay.”

She finished saying and broke from the hug and I saw a glimpse of tear in her face before she wiped it and gave me a reassuring smile.

Her words broke me once again into another piece and I think I will break down any moment but I held everything in and smiled because I saw the look of worry on my Mom’s face and when she saw my smile, the worry vanished just as it came.

Ms. Rose stoodup and told my Mom something and they left my room leaving behind the twins and my sister all starring at me. Diana closed the door. I didn’t know what to say because too much emotion is bubbling up in my throat, I put my head in my palm covering my face with my hand, I wanted to yell and cry none came because I remember Didi's word, and it came like a flash always.

“You know Logan might be an asshole but deep down I see love in his eyes. He is just showing you in the best way he knows how to get your attention....Brielle when he finally realizes what he has in front of him and when you finally realise your love for him too please don’t waste it but make sure you teach him a lesson.” 

I felt someone came to sit beside me on the bed pulling me into a hug and I knew it Diana and I heard more movement. I took my time to regain my self and when I lift my head up I saw Logan and Lucas sitting at the edge of my bed, everyone was expecting my outburst so they where all quite still waiting for me to talk, but instead I surprised them by giving them all a smile and I saw the shocked expression on their faces but only Diana smiled too.