Affection in Bad faith.

Obviously oforo was getting fond of Amakaa and has every opportunity to get to her,as she was a very young girl it would be very easy to manipulate her he thought,anytime she goes to drop his akara and pap on a Saturday she never greets nor does she utter a single word straight she knock on the door and after been open she walked straight to the centre table dropping the plates and walking away most times she has heard his girls asked if she was his sister to come with such degree of audacity,but he would ignore the guestion.that Saturday Amakaa didnt drop the akara as at the time she was given to take because she was helping mamaa who would be off to the market to sell corn,so she used the time to help maamaa and when mamaa left she should drop it with oforo and be back home for the laundry,knock knock!she knocks on oforos door he was fast asleep like a watchdog who looses sanity during the night,it took him minutes before he came and open the door,she was standing there waiting for him to do the needful so she can go.it was about 9:30 am in the morning and for a person like Amaakaa she could easily tell that whichever girl he keeps in there has left,how are you Amakaa? He asked,she just nodded her head signifying fine,is maamaa home,he asked further,she still nooded her head again as a sign of No.why are you being an agama he said jokingly I mean no harm you are my little sister and you know that,for the first time Amakaa opens her mouth to talk,if not that something is up with your thoughts how can you even come to think of being sisterly,we are already since my parents took your relationship in.am sorry he replied,he left Amakaa standing there and he went straight to his bedroom and came out with a black leather containing a small pack inside and an envelope,he handed it over to Amaaka,when she collected it she asked,is it for maamaa or Mazi?he replied sternly it's for you,my little appreciation for your Saturday derivative kind gesture of feeding me,but you know I dont take gifts from men my mother would kill me,do not worry Amakaa learn to be a girl of choice hide it safe in your box because she would only kill you when you tell her about it,Amakaa has refused the gift and he insisted so she left with it hoping that her mother never gets to ransack her room and get to see it one day,not knowing what was inside Amakaa went straight home to her room and hide it inside her box,keeping it underneath layers of ironed clothes to avoid suspicion,all with the intention of opening it late night to see what was inside.she resumed her normal chores in the house and waited for mamaa to come back home.
Night came too fast that Amakaa was in a hurry to go to her room and try to see what was inside,even though she didnt wanted to collect it at first she became nervous on seeing what was inside for the night,it took her conniving style to open the leather she tied to avoid her mother eavesdrop,inside the envelope was 70naira notes of one one naira from the bank,and a small biscuit container that looks like a soap bar.Amakaa was confused at first on seeing the money should I tell mamaa no she said to herself,but mamaa should know about this if not for her cruelty towards me,I cant even tell anyone not even Nunnu my best friend,70 naira was like the while money she would spend for her break from first to the third term since in every two days her father gives her just 5 naira to take to school for break.Do I return the gift,one mind tells her to return it while the other mind tells her no,on the other note she wanted to take the money to iyabisi to help her keep the money ,but as a money keeper also she never keeps her mouth shut for a fly,..on the long run Amakaa has decided on keeping the money with her to spend it wisely but extravagantly so that people wont notice.
Friends were begining to follow Amakaa in school and also her spending was being too noticeable that everyone puts and eye to know if Mazi now let her have her way in life,the class girls that envy her on academic ground now follow her social ground,only her clique gets to eat the delicious cafeteria moimoi and pancakes,in a week Amaka has squander 40naira,the remaining 30 naira she has kept it under her pillow waiting for any chance to celebrate unwanted party in a distant place away from home,one of the school girls has gone home to discuss with her parents on how Amakaa now spends money in school,the channel of the conversation has it that one of those women was trying to pick a fight at the market with mamaa.
The market was quiet busy as it was the market day,many people have come to buy from far and near,the tomato stall was the busiest because of the rate at which tomato was going extinct,most farmers that brings tomato no longer gives it consideration since fertilizers failed them and the produce was not yielding profitably,give me tomato gobe me tomato as everyone there was trying to draw the attention of the seller,coincidentally mama met mrs ozone one of the women from p.T.A,none of them said hello to each other after they have both bought thier tomato,mamaa turned to live when mrs ozone called her,,,Mrs uchendu I hear you now let your daughter spend from your bank of wealth that's a good one atleast it would save you from the name people are referring to you as "AKAGON"...on hearing that mamaa reciprocated with insults,Aka kii you there,Aka roast your generation,Aka father you nonsense,when you all learn to mind your business everything would flow appropriately in your lifes,its not my fault that rich people buy table blended tomatoes like us,I should see you in the mall picking up paste next time,she hisses and pass...maamaa was very angry and confused as to the money Amakaa was spending that drew attention of the crowd,and who gave her the money at did she steal from me I would find out,Amakaa where are you from the outside,maamaa was shouting as she nearly fell,Amakaa was inside the compound sweeping the mango tree leaves that fell as a result of the breeze,am here maamaa,who gave you money that you were lavishly spending,which money Amakaa asked,she has not shut her mouth when her mother landed her a slap of the century,you must tell me who have you that money or I kill you today,Amakaa swore that she was not the one they were referring you for her mother to let her be.
Eversince that incidence Amakaa feels she can get away with so many things smartly without her mother even knowing,since she could hide the money matter she feels alot can be hidden,does that mean my mother lies to me about so many things,does that mean my mother never gets to be honest about the pregnancy stuff and the likes,these questions were not with positive energy so she evaded them anytime they came up..Eversince the school bus stops working amakaaa would have to treck to the main road before getting a government transit conveying worker to drop her at the school gate which was on the Express road,oforo would stay somewhere around and accompany Amakaa to get the bus,sometime he would give her chocolates and other times biscuit,she has grown to be a part of loving all his gifts,all these happens because she hmdodnt have anyone counsel her at an earlier time when she needed it.
Mazi has been out of town for quiet sometime and it would be too stressful on maamaa to do the house chores,focus on her business and still put vigil on Amakaa at school,that was the time when things began to flow between oforo and little Amakaa.within a short while no girl gets to visit oforo again anytime Amaka goes to drop akara he would be the only one,sounds like magic to her but true.until one day oforo asked Amakaa to sneak school lessons and meet him at liberty vineyard for a talk,a very important talk or how to help her overcome her parents fears and make her a strong woman she deserves to be.
Amakaa wanted to open up to her friend Nunnu by telling her Oforos request,but something just stops her because Nunnu would notice where the money spent came from,so she refused to tell her.
The meeting was supposed to hold at 2:00pm after school hours,which Mark's the commencement of lesson period so that means Amakaa would be missing her lesson for the first time in history,nobody gave it consideration for the fact that it was unlike her to skip a time from lesson..Amakaa took a bus to liberty vineyard she saw oforo standing by the park waiting for her,she has been there during the colour festival from school but never had the opportunity to enter inside,oforo saw how Amakaa came confidently and he looses the courage to speak he bought food,drinks,and chocolate for her,she was nervous and eat very little for the time,she was taking her headed down to her wrist watch to make sure she lives the place 30 minutes before normal closing time in order to get home just on time...He was looking at her lustfully and tanking his lips,taking down his eyebrow and winking his eyes at all direction,Amakaa did not stay there for a very long time since he refuse to tell her tips on how to be a strong woman overcoming issues coming from her mother and mazi.
Amaka got home earlier than any other student of grays college gladly enough maamaa did not notice how the time difference since she has no friend to come home and check up on her,its Friday and Amakas fear has risen from 20% to 40%,because anytime he comes up with something to talk about he would deviate from the matter and become lustful whenever he meets her.
How can my mother not notice all this,being strict for all reason and not understanding the fact that he was creepy for a reason,she claims too strict and yet still allows me to go to his house on an errand...oforo has come visiting again and mamaa caught him looking at Amakaaa as she was trying to pick up grinding stones from the floor,her loose shirt was going down revealing her still stick to her chest teenage breast,she was all cool without noticing,would you get up and find your way home you loose girl;mamaa shouted as she was frightened to rise up the small sensation on her chest was lavishly dangling, but even at that mamaa has turned a deaf ear to believe that she did not see anything and that kills Amakaa even at her tender age.Amakaa has been forming sickness in other to avoid going to oforos house during the weekend,now that mamaaa has taken up the habit of Saturday market that has given oforo a chance to take advantage of Amakaaas vulnerablity,he has increase his gifting lifestyle towards Amakaa and for the first time in few months they have coincidentally grown fond of each other,something she could not explain how it all happened but credit of its negativity or positivity still goes to her mother not seeing and not believing but being strict and far from her for many reasons.
Mr oforo has requested for many visit after the one at vineyard all to no avail because Amakaa has refused a green light...it was raining heavily and the way rain falls in the month of August people hardly go out upon sighting a dark cloud and especially the resident of Boulevard,thier poor drainage system has contributed to thier staying at home at such moment,staying under a kiosk or a shade would be so disastrous because the flood might flush one away,Amakaa was coming back from an errand send by her mother when rain began to fall the rain was too heavy that only her seems to be around the area,most times she would go to Nunnus house but for today the passage to the entrance seems so bad,but she had to find her way to go there with the help of the Gongoro driver,that very day she recieved the beating of her life that placed her in between life and death that she nearly forgot her position in life...Maamaa has planned to travelled to Enugu to visit her only sister who has been down with hypertension,she has planned on travelling ever since but she decided to wait for Mazi,since he has refused to return on time also mamaa has taken upon herself to travel for a week,her fear of living her daughter alone in the house has shocked her with every thoughts,but still yet she plan on meeting uncle oforo to tell him about it and making sure he gets time to check up on her because of the bad boys around not knowing who he really was,oforo my son,I want to travel to Enugu to see my sister I want you to spare some time out of your busy schedule to check on your sister even if its once,you know how boys can be for all I care I dont trust anybody ,just kind of entrusting something little with you,she said,..ahhhhhhh do not worry ma,I would ensure all is well with Amakaa never to worry,things would be fine and nothing would happen to her trust me,I mean my words...he replied,day came for mamaaa to travel,and she left the house very early that day considering the condition of motor parks at Boulevard,because she would have to book a ticket and pay then wait for like an hour before they would be listed to get in the bus according to time of payment which would warrant you a good seat,from Bouevard to Enugu is like 20 hours journey and not one to joke with.