70

~~~

"Your hair has gotten so long, Yamaguchi." Kei's mom cooed enthusiastically and I impulsively pulled a few strands back behind me ears, flushing a bit.

"Yeah.. it's getting annoying though.." I chuckled softly to myself, earning a few small laughs in return. Kei was to my left as we sat on one of the visiting room couches—leaving no space between our sides, pressing together almost greedily and our hands intertwined.

And Akiteru was making it painfully obvious he was watching our every move, continuously slapping Kei in the head once the boy so much as showed any gesture of affection towards me.

"I've always wanted a daughter to french braid her hair, but I was stuck with these two." She rolled her eyes playfully, causing me to stifle another laugh. "Although, I guess my luck ran out in the height department..."

Their mom was significantly shorter than all three of us—or, she was an average height in comparison. It's was amusing: this small timid lady with short hair surrounded by three tall boys.

I felt something thump my foot gently and lowered my eyes to see Kei's right shoe nudging it's way between my own shoes nonchalantly.

This guy...

When I looked up at the blond, he was making an effort to avoid my skeptical gaze—rubbing his thumb along our locked hands and listening to his brother talk.

Akiteru and their mom didn't seem to notice the gesture so I relaxed on the couch, tuning in on whatever conversation they were having.

"Don't bring that shit up, fucker." Kei grimaced towards his brother, flinching as his mom took Akiteru's place in slapping her sons head—

man, Kei's seriously been taking a beating from his family for the past 20 minutes. "...Sorry." He muttered, rubbing where his mom scolded and nudging his right leg closer between mine.

I shivered faintly, immediately regretting it when Kei pulled a sly smirk behind his left hand, that casually moved to rest over his chin and mouth. Then his smirk disappeared out of no where when Akiteru spoke up again.

"Aren't you gonna give him your letter, Kei~" the brother teased, crossing his legs and leaning back a bit. Akiteru was facing Kei and I, sitting beside his mom on a different couch.

Kei fidgeted with my thumb for a second, glaring daggers at his brother and giggling mom. "I told you not to bring that up. Are you fu- are you dense?" He spat defensively.

"What letter?" My timid voice found its way in the conversation and Kei's hand flinched. He hastily turned to face me.

"Don't worry about it." The blond reasoned with a stone cold expression and I raised my eyebrows skeptically, causing a faint blush to find its way to his pale cheeks. "Tadashi. Don't worry about it."

My eyes narrowed before giving in and slumping back into the couch, sighing dramatically. "Man~ a letter would really make my day..." I pouted, closing my eyes and sighing again.

Akiteru and their mom laughed with each other while Kei seemed to freeze up.

"It's not even a letter.." the blond finally spoke up after a few more of my hefty sighs. "It's a list."