A Familiar Face

It was a normal day at Grey Sloan Memorial until a certain patient arrived.

The ambulance pulled up and as the doors opened, the doctors prepared themselves.

"Forty-six year old male. Car crash. He had no ID on him," one of the paramedics said as the doctors unloaded the patient. The patient had glass all in his face and over his body and he was covered in blood. He had a large piece of glass sticking out of his chest as well.

"Is that the windshield?" Jo Karev asked with wide eyes.
"It's part of the windshield," Meredith Grey said dryly and gave Dr. Karev a look.

The doctors brought the patient in and into an exam room and started to assess him. He could barely keep his eyes open and it was clear he kept losing consciousness. All the doctors carefully worked on taking the small pieces of glass out. Dr. Lincoln was in charge of holding the windshield in place while they worked on him.

The patient opened his eyes and tried to say something but Meredith stopped him. He even tried to sit up this time.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to stop moving," she told him as she worked on getting some glass out. He tried to get up again.
"Sir," Meredith said with more force.

The patient removed his oxygen mask with one hand and reached for Meredith's arm with the other. She gave him a look but he said,
"My daughter."
Meredith looked around at the other doctors and then said,
"I'm sure she's fine. You need to lay down though and stop moving."
"Oh god, she didn't come in with me, did she?" the patient asked.
The looked Meredith gave him was enough.
"What's your name?" Meredith asked him.
"Carson...Carson Callahan," the man said.
"What's your daughter's name?" Meredith asked.
"Scarlett. She was in he car with me when-"

Suddenly, Carson stopped talking and he had trouble breathing. Then the monitors started going off and his BP started going down.
"We're losing him," Maggie Pierce, head of Cardio, yelled.

Jo, who was recently married to Alex Karev, instantly started working on getting an airway and once he was intubated, Meredith yelled,
"Book an OR," as she started to get ready to transport the patient.

The doctors were able to transport the patient to the OR and Meredith got to work alongside her sister, Maggie, and Jo. They were able to remove the piece of windshield successfully and Carson was placed in recovery later that afternoon.

"Any word on the missing daughter?" Meredith asked Maggie later on while they were helping out in the pit.
"What missing daughter?" Amelia Shepherd asked as she approached her "sisters." She just got out of a surgery and had some free time so she wondered down to the pit to see if she could help.
"We had a trauma patient this morning who couldn't find his daughter," Maggie told her.
"He was in a car accident and claimed she was with him, but he came in alone," Meredith added.
"Rough," Amelia said.
As she said that, Teddy Altman walked by with a chart. Maggie noticed the way Amelia looked at her and asked,
"How are you doing?"
Amelia instantly perked up and said,
"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"
"Because your two foster children were taken away from you and the man you were with got another woman pregnant," Maggie stated.
"Betty and Leo were not taken from me. Betty went back with her parents and Leo is with Owen," Amelia said, ignoring the last part of what Maggie said. Both Maggie and Meredith gave her a look.
"Teddy and Owen have a baby on the way. I don't want to get in the middle of it. They deserve to be happy together and I'm not a part of all that," Amelia added.
"So have you talked to Link since your trip to New York?" Meredith asked changing the subject. Amelia gave her sister a look. Maggie was about to say something but someone caught her eye.

It was a teenage girl. She had dark brown hair that fell over her shoulders and piercing blue eyes similar to Amelia's. They had a hint of grey in them. She looked lost and she had a cut on her head. The clothes she was in were torn up and bloody as well.
"Mer," Maggie said as she stared at the girl.