Over the Edge

Chapter warnings: mild language and themes

Word count: 1083

-----

Hendery begrudgingly taught her how to fight with a knife. While it was incredibly creepy and he didn't know how to keep his hands to himself, she managed to avoid sustaining any severe injuries. That being said, Kun was now regularly checking up on the state of her body. As nice as it seemed, she was fairly certain that it was just a matter of keeping his product intact.

Not long after her first dinner with the boys, she was visited in her room by Lucas. He had been concerned about her cuts, as well as Hendery's treatment of her as a whole. Ten, who had once been suspicious of Lucas's relationship with their captive, ironically found him to be the only one he could vent to about the topic.

Y/N was understandably upset with Ten, trying to avoid the topic at all costs. Lucas spent plenty of time trying to convince her that Ten really did have her best interests in mine, but she ignored him. Rather than talk about that, she asked what Kun wanted with him earlier, infinitely more worried about him than Ten.

He explained that Kun was actually warning him to go a bit easier on Y/N, as he had heard about the incident in his bedroom. Lucas had happily agreed to this, of course, and she had even given him a hug out of relief. He seemed relieved that she didn't hate him as well. He knew he hadn't been treating her properly as a means of showing off to the others, but obviously all was forgiven.

She was often visited in her room by Lucas. Thankfully there was a lock, which was the least she could ask for since she had no windows. They often ate lunch together, Lucas rambling on about shows or experiences with the guys. It was almost as if he was a normal celebrity. Ten had tried to come to her room a few times, but she never answered. She avoided him as best she could, sitting far away from him for the one meal per day they ate at the same table.

It was weird not having a phone, too, but she could at least pass the time by training. Once Kun had decided she was adequate with a knife, he made the choice that it was about time to incorporate her into the group- or at least, get final decisions on the matter. He called everyone to the kitchen, as that was the area she was most familiar with, and felt she'd be comfortable.

"Y/N has trained adequately, and I believe she will be a backup asset in the field." Kun began the meeting. "While her skills aren't necessarily outstanding, it can help to have an extra hand. Of course, there's always the concern that she will run away, or worse, somehow alert the authorities to our operation. As she will now be getting a minimal cut, though, I hope that this will not be the case.

So, I will put it to vote. All in favor of Y/N being incorporated into the group, raise your hands, all those against, keep your hands down." Lucas's hand was the first up, followed by WinWin, and surprisingly Ten. The rest followed until Hendery was the only one remaining. Kun didn't need any more than that, as it was a clear majority.

"Alright, welcome aboard, Y/N." Kun said. "You all have orders for the day, so I expect to see results. Y/N, you come with me, we have a few formalities to work out." As the other men left the kitchen, Kun brought her to the elevator, taking her up to his personal floor. When they arrived, rather than stay in his office, he brought her towards a side door she had yet to explore. Upon entering, she realized it was his bedroom.

"You can sit down." He offered, motioning to the bed. Much like the theming for the rest of the building, the area was very dark, with red and black sleek design. The bed was neatly made, matching the clarity of the rest of the space. "I figured this would be more private." She nodded awkwardly.

"Now, as you've just heard, you'll be joining us from now on. That doesn't mean nothing." He started. "You'l have to get used to a lot of things you're not familiar with." Her mind shot back to the woman, she quickly tried to divert back to Kun's face. He was still making eye contact with her, gauging her reactions. "We'll still be keeping an eye on you, of course. In the meantime, though, I wanted to make you an offer."

"Uh... an offer? What kind of offer?"

"Would you like to marry me?"

She didn't know how to respond. Her eyes were wide and her mouth slightly open, hands involuntarily clenched at her sides. What was he talking about? He didn't know her that well, and he hadn't shown any interest prior. Was it simply because of her body? That couldn't have been the case... could it? There was once upon a time that a random proposal from one of her idols would have been a fanfiction dream come true, but now?

"W-why?" She finally managed to get the words to stumble out of her mouth.

"It would be profitable for me. You're a pretty woman, and it would be convenient for public appearance. Meaning in the underground of course- I can't have fans knowing I'm involved until long past our prime. It gives you an incentive to stay here, so you're less likely to cause a diminishment on my investment. And of course, I'd treat you well. You could have kids if you'd like, just not at the current moment. I'm obviously very well set in terms of financials, so there's no need to worry there."

At first, her answer was an obvious no, but she almost found herself considering it. He was a master convincer, and she supposed he did have some points. However, that wasn't how things were supposed to work. It just couldn't be like that, not even in this situation.

"I don't know if-" Before she got a chance to tell him what she was thinking, YangYang burst into the room, Xiaojun close behind him.

"Sorry to interrupt- We've got a problem, and it's urgent."

"What happened."

"Hendery." "Lucas." YangYang and Xiaojun spoke at the same time respectively. What could be happening now?