Thirteen

Kim Namjoon sits at the window seat in the cafe. He's nervous, his foot tapping lightly on the wooden floor below him.

He just got off the phone with Jimin, who he was waiting for. The male had told him he was close by, so there was no point in staying on the phone any longer.

Namjoon is nervous, yes, but he's also excited. Excited for something new to begin, for the chance to be with someone who is truly an amazing person. He's excited for a chance to fall in love.

A loud ring interrupts the males thoughts, his head shooting up as the cafe door opens. He watches as Jimin walks on, his hair styled cutely, matching his entire existence.

Namjoon stands up, his eyes lighting up at the sigh of the male. He watches as the younger walks up to him, a smile painted on his face.

"Hi," Jimin whispers, it's only loud enough for the older to hear.

"Hi," Namjoon whispers back.

The two stand there, their eyes staring at each other with happiness and comfort. It's not until a waiter approaches them, that the two sit down.

"Can I get you two anything today?"

They both order, thanking the waiter as he takes his leave. Jimin and Namjoon sit in silence for a few minutes, not feelings the need to say anything.

"I'm really happy," Jimin blurts out. "I'm really happy that you asked me out and that we're here on this date."

Namjoon smiles shyly, rubbing the back off his neck. "I'm glad, too. I wasn't sure if you would have accepted a date, but I'm glad you did, because now I can say I went on a date with the prettiest, kindest male in the world."

Jimin blushes, "and I can say that I had a date with cutest and sweetest person in this world."

The older flushes pink, his eyes dropping to the ground. "I-I wouldn't say that," Namjoon mumbles.

"Well, I am."

They both smile, cheeks flushed as their hearts pounding heavily. They enjoy each others company, talking about different things. When their food comes, nothing changes, their conversations carry on, with an occasional break to take a bite.

After they're finished and the bill is paid, the two males walk out together, their hands dangling side by side.

"Hey, Jimin?" The younger hums, slightly tapping the elders' hand with his own. "Would you want to go on another date with me after tonight?"

Jimin smiles, "I would love to."

( edited )