insomniac - wilbur soot

TW// insomnia, anxiety, intense panic attack

"Hey guys! So I haven't slept in a while, like about two days. And I don't know why because my body is physically tired but my brain just won't calm down. So! I've decided to play some mine-oh would you look at that." I mutter as I accept the discord call.

"Go to sleep." Wilbur sing songed. "Go to bed."

I cover my face in embarrassment. My cheeks were hot and my heart pounded. "Wil, I just stared the str-"

"Y/n how long have you been up?"

I flinch away, "Probably 50 hours..."

"Hey y/n, if you go start getting ready for bed, I'll entertain the stream, okay?"

My heart was racing, it felt like it was going 50 miles an hour and I didn't know why. Okay, maybe it was because I hated confrontation, but I still wasn't sure. My knees were bouncing up and down at a rapid pace, like they were bound to drill a hole in my floor. Then, my thoughts started flying, it felt like I couldn't grasp onto a single one. It started overwhelming me. Something told me to look up and I saw that there were 15k people watching me. 15k people seeing me panic over nothing.

I laughed unsteadily, "Okay y'all, I think W-Wilbur is right. I'm sorry, I love you all, have a great day/night/sleep. Mwah!" I say blowing a kiss and then ending it.

When I ended it, it felt like my mind couldn't slow down. My heart literally felt fast enough to get out of my chest, which was caused me to panic and start hyperventilating.  "Wil...Wil are you st-still there?" I cried, trying to keep the anxiety out of my voice.

"Yes I'm here, love. I'm right here. Hey, can you do something for me?"

"Y-yeah?" Though it felt like I could barely breathe at that point.

"Can you go and get some melatonin if you have some?"

I tried to stand up but my knees gave away and I fell back into the chair, "Wil, I-I can't-" I say breathlessly. It felt like I was going to die. My tongue was dry, as well as my throat, and I all wanted to do was curl up and cry. The feeling of helplessness was terrifying.

"Hey, that's okay. It's okay. What I need you to do is focus on me, okay? Try to focus on me, love."

His voice felt millions of miles away. All it felt like I could do was stare into my hands and barely breathe. Thoughts still zipped by and a pressure was put on my chest, making it harder to breathe.

"W-Wil-" I cried out, full on panicking now.

"Y/n, listen to me. I'm right here. I am right here. Listen to my voice. Focus on me. Breathe out, okay? I need you to breathe out." He said steadily. I did my best. It was shakey but that was expected. "Good. Good job. Now, breathe with me okay. In for four." He counted for me, keeping me on track. "Good, hold for seven." I could feel my heart slow a little bit, "You're doing so good. Okay, now out for eight." My shakey breath was let out slowly and suddenly I felt the pressure relieve. This was done a few more times before I caught my breath and grasped a few of my thoughts.

"Holy shit..." I mutter, gasping for air still.

"Are you okay?"

"No, I'm really not." I say tiredly.

"Why couldn't you sleep?"

I sigh, "I don't know Wil, every time I laid down and got comfy, my brain went haywire and it just wouldn't let me. It kept focusing on other things I had to do like my essays and stuff for college."

He paused, "Do you think you could try now?"

"Probably not." I say, disappointment filling my voice.

"Can I attempt to help?"

"I mean, yeah, sure."

"Okay!" I can hear the smile in his voice which makes me smile. "Here's what you need to do: go grab some melatonin if you have any or some Advil pm."

"Alright." I mumble, heading to my bathroom. Wait a second, why didn't think of that before? Sleeping aids! Lord knows I have plenty, just for this reason. God, I'm so dumb. I found some melatonin gummies in my mirror cabinet, and then proceeded to take three. When I finished chewing those, I went back to my discord call with Wilbur. "I'm back."

"Okay, now, let's take the call to your phone because I don't want you to fall asleep in your gaming chair." He says with a laugh.

"Mkay," I mumble, yawning. "be right back." Then I hang up and quickly call him back on my phone. 

"Hello again gorgeous." I hear. 

"Hiya handsome."

He scoffs playfully, "Now can you do whatever you do when you get ready for bed?"

"Sure thing." I reply, setting my phone down. Then I go and get some fresh pajamas and brush through my oily hair, ultimately putting it up in a messy bun again. When I'm done with that, I hop into bed, getting all snuggly.

"So..." I say, while going to scroll through Twitter.

"So! You need to sleep!"

"I know, the meds'll kick in soon. For now, let's just talk-"

"No, I think I'm gonna sing you something."

I bit my lip, "I mean, you don't have too..."

"N/n, you've been up for 2 days straight and experienced a pretty bad panic attack. I'm going to sing you to sleep cutie."

I blush, "You never fail to make me flustered, you bastard." I say cheekily.

"I'm pretty good at it...Anyways! Which song should I sing for you m'lady?"

"I dunno, whatever you choose, good sir."

"Arctic Monkeys it is!" He says, as I hear him prop up the phone and grab his guitar.

I continue to scroll through Twitter as he prepares himself. Next thing I knew he is singing and I'm getting lulled to sleep. His voice, I could listen to it for hours on end. It was just so calm and soft. Wilbur was my home. He was safe and I trusted him and he trusted me. Our relationship was a good one. And we didn't even have like a solid boyfriend, girlfriend thing. 

I plugged in my phone while he was mid song, and closed my eyes. Almost instantly, I was brought into that phase where you could still hear things in the real world, but couldn't open my eyes that quickly. He was finished the song and before I fell into a deep sleep, I heard the sweetest thing.

"Goodnight n/n, I love you, sweet dreams cutie." 

Sorry this took so long, for some reason my brain just didn't come up with any ideas. This barely made the 1,000 word mark and I'm so disappointed with myself for that. There might be something coming out with Eret or Nikki soon. Uh, yeah. Have a good day/night/sleep everyone <3