pickup line - fundy

TW// Talk of nightmares

Set in an AU where L'manberg is real :)

It was a typical day for the only two women in L'manberg. Nikki and I were going out, prepping the farms and then we were scheduled to head to the mines and attempt to find some diamonds with Fundy protecting us. Though, I didn't see why, I could easily fight off the dangerous monsters that roamed the land. Whatever, it was nice to not worry about it though.

"Hey Y/n, could you pass me some more carrots?" Nikki asked, in her soft German accent.

"Sure!"

We farmed in silence for the most part, occasionally we would ask for stuff. Sweat dripped down both our backs and heads. It wasn't hot, but there was a lot of stuff we needed to do that required some physicality. The air smelled fresh, and sometimes I would catch a whiff of the water fall that was close to us and the roses that were spread throughout the land. It was a peaceful day.

But then, 2:00, which was when we were supposed to go mining, came around too quickly. I told Nikki we should grab our pickaxes and meet the fox hybrid by the mines. She agreed and we made some small talk all the way there and then to the mines. Sure enough, just as promised, Fundy was there, looking real grumpy.

"Hello Foxy." I greet.

"Hey Y/n." He grumbled, looking down.

Fundy and I had sort of a complicated relationship. It was hot and cold most of the time, and I held all the nicknames to make fun of him with. At first, he completely rejected them, complaining about it, even during the most serious talks. But then, eventually he just went along with it, which made me sad but I wasn't going to stop calling him that.

"You gals ready?" Fox boy asked.

"Yeah!" Nikki said with a smile.

"Last one to the bottom of the ravine is a salmon!" I shout, running ahead of them.

"Jesus fucking Christ, be careful at least!" Fundy replied, like right behind me.

The path down was pretty clear, besides the few monsters that had appeared. I easily fought them off with the best comeback skills I could muster. What I hadn't realized though, was that Fundy had gotten significantly ahead of me. That's when my competitiveness really kicked in. I decided to ignore the rest of the monsters, knowing Nikki was good with that stuff, and raced to catch up with Fundy's speed.

I caught up in no time, we were right next to each other when I had gotten a random surge of speed and swiftly ran the rest of the way down. See, Fundy may have fox speed, but I wasn't looking to loose anything. And I really did not want to be a salmon.

However, I didn't see the creeper that was ready to blow as soon as I passed it. The explosion blew me up to the cave celling and then made me fall back down. It had knocked all the air out of my lungs and made me extremely lightheaded. Both my left arm and right leg felt like they were on fire, and it was hard to hear as well as see. Black took over my vision as I blurrily saw Fundy run up to me with the most worried expression.

•••••

I felt cold before I felt anything else. Maybe not cold, but something certainly made me shiver. And then I heard. I heard the birds chirp and some leaves rustle in the wind. I could hear the brewing of potions and clashing of two particular voices. Suddenly, my eyes were able to open. Slowly but surely, I saw the blinding light and then wood house I was in. I picked my heavy head up and looked around.

Surely enough, it was an oak wood hut with a few brewing stands, some banner curtain like things, and a wooden chair. The voices weren't in here, so I could tell they were most likely outside. But then I caught sight of my arm and leg hooked up to the brewing stands. The potion in there was a healing one, and it was almost out. Both my limbs felt numb, but good. It was kind of weird.