Secrets - Part 3

A long week passes and you're still avoiding the 'Ivy trio', instead sticking with Binah, Raphael, Anastacia and your new friends Lola, Micky and Percy.

"Binah? Do you know what's going on with those mysterious three?" You ask as you bite into an apple, sat with everyone but Micky and Percy on a table outside.

She doesn't respond but her eyes meet the ground, you look to the others, all avoiding eye contact with sheepish expressions.

"Seriously!?" you snap, dramatically dropping the apple, "You all know but Lottie won't tell me what's going on?"

"I don't." Raphael chips in, confused as to what's happening.

"Maybe you should talk to her." Anastacia says, gloomy as ever and rubbing a mark on the base of her finger that looks as if a ring had been there.

"She's been avoiding her." Lola's sweet voice adds to the conversation.

"Jamie would get mad at us if we told you." Binah explains softly, trying to calm you down.

You stand up and grab your bag,"I'm going to class" you mutter.

Raphael follows, and you walk together, but your mind is elsewhere.

Was Jamie stopping Lottie from telling you about this big secret? It had hurt the most from the whole conversation.

"Y/N?" Raphael prods you, waiting for you to say something.

"What's Jamie like Raphael?" You ask expectantly, ignoring his childish poking.

Raphael frowns slightly, recalling the mysterious Jamie, "Well...um... he has like no emotion, enjoys running with me, reads all the time, loves knowing more than the people around him and yeah, he might be a little cold, but he's a decent guy. He's started training Lottie or something too."

Your mind instantly leaps to the big secret, linking the two ideas, "What? Why?"

"I dunno," He shrugs, the frown falls off of his face and is replaced with his usual relaxed smile, "anyway, we need to get going for our next lessons."

"Ok." Your eyes return to the ground, your mind spinning and trying to make sense of all the random facts and clues being thrown at you.

Raphael places a hand on your shoulder and you glance up at him, "Bye, Y/N."

You smile half-heartedly in return, and the two of you head in opposite directions.

As you are walking to your next lesson in the art corridor you overhear talking in one of the cupboards in the hallway.

One voice is high pitched and familiar, so you press your ear against the door.

"We can't tell her!" It's Ellie, is she talking about you?

"Everyone else knows!" Lottie protests, "well part of it at least. I miss my sister."

"As my Partizan and Portman I command you not to tell her." Ellie responds.

You're taken aback by what Ellie says, is Jamie there? He must be if Ellie's talking about her partizan... What's a Portman?

"We have to tell her, if she lets the others know she's your sister, then they'll work out that you're not actually the princess, only Binah knows at the moment. So, we have to tell her so she can come up with a random surname." a new voice utters, Jamie is there.

"You didn't want Ollie to know!" Ellie says.

Ellie knows Ollie? Lottie's childhood best-friend?

"But he does doesn't he? Y/N's not stupid, I'm going to class." Jamie says, you jump back but it's too late, the door opens and you're face to face with him.