The Piano & The Formula - Part 7

A/N: Hi, this is a very intense chapter and emotions are thrown everywhere, I know it kind of trails off the original story plot, so sorry :)

---------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV:

You jolt awake once more, in the same room but later in the day. You groan, did you dream waking up? Were you dreaming now? No.

You see you're still wearing Jamie's jumper and lift the front of it to your face, breathing in his scent. The memory of him giving it to you triggers everything else that happened: Waking up, cold, hugging Jamie, the powder room, Ellie kissing Lottie, Anastacia, saving Jamie from metal door, headache, Jamie, headache, Jamie, crying, Jamie, tear, painkiller, sleepy, Jamie.

You rush out of bed and shove open the door, running down the steps. It startles you to hear the sound of a soft piano echoing across the halls, but it's intriguing, so you begin to follow the music, unsure of where else to go.

It reminds you of the first time you played the piano.

When you were only six you heard your mother playing the grand instrument in your cosy home and she taught you, everyday. Soon you had learned how to read music, play scales and even passed some grades. It was the one special thing you did with your mum before she died, Lottie loved listening to it but never had the patience to learn it.

You continue to follow the enchanting piece, to find the player and ask for the name of the music. Soon the music gets louder, you must be near. When you reach the room, before you can open the door hands shove you to the ground...

Julius and Ingrid.

"Did you have a fun time with my little trick, sugar?" Ingrid snarls. 

There's another girl behind her, clutching a brown sack. You don't recognise her.

The piano plays on.

"Jamie knew you poisoned me, why?" You ask, sitting up and trying not to visibly wince.

"Because...we knew that you were going to get in the way, and it put the others at a disadvantage." Julius sounds bored, his face relaxed in an unnerving way.

"But it's not me you want, is it? You want Lottie and Jamie don't you? Why?"

"Ugh," Ingrid groans, "because they are worth a lot. Unlike you."

"Why are you telling me all this?" You ask, suddenly suspicious.

Ingrid smirks. "Oh, because we aren't keeping you, sugar, or them for that matter. It's Lottie that we want." 

A horrible dread fills the pit of your stomach, the music still goes on.

"I swear if you touch my sister," You stand up, fists clenched, "you won't last much longer either."

Julius suddenly grins, his eyes lighting up mischievously. "Lottie's your sister?"

Ingrid smirks again, exchanging a glance with her partner. "That means you're valuable too...princess."

Your eyes grow wide as you realise that you've said too much. The music ends. Julius grabs your arm and drags you into the room, Ingrid and the new girl close behind. 

Standing in the room is Lottie, Lola, Percy and Micky and at your feet is a smashed music box. They're all staring at the sudden appearance of you with Ingrid and Julius, wide-eyed and horrified.

There's a large golden piano in the centre of the room, the source of the beautiful tune and the player? Jamie. Even in the circumstances you think how lovely it would be to play with him. He looks at you, the Partizan instincts immediately kicking in, but no one speaks as a small door opens in the side of the piano and a black box is revealed.