⚜01⚜

Bronwyn's POV:

I told my parents that I'll be taking care of Yael's cousin. Yes, I made that up otherwise they wouldn't allow me to take the job. Lying goes against my morals but this is really relevant for me. I wanted to tell Gwen the good news, but unfortunately she is unreachable.

100 dollars per hour! And that as a fulltime worker! BAM! That's juicy and easy money right there!

I exchanged a few words with Mr. Kingston earlier this morning before he left. He gave me his private phone number incase something happens. According to him, Yael always has his masterplans and would do anything to get rid off me, like he did with his last nannies.

He shall do as he pleases, but I'm a woman who keeps her words.

He found out that she was afraid of reptiles and bought a few as his domestic animals. She left him right away after spotting them. He's a cruel person.

I watch the black car drive away and turn back to the mansion.

"You're really sticking up with this, birdie?" I spot Yael leaning on the wall with his arms crossed to his pumped chest.

I really want to punch his greek god face right now, but that would be a free surgery.

"Yes." I confidently answer.

He rolls his eyes back and steps forward. "Very well then. Just to be this clear... I'm my own man. I don't need someone to tell me what to do."

Narcissistic much? I think so.

"Noted." I nod and he grins, revealing his deep dimples.

It's not fair! How come someone as egoistic as him is so attractive?!

"How about we make a deal, birdie?"

I don't like the tune of his voice. "What deal?"

He takes out his wallet and hands me a thick bar of dollars. "Take this and leave. Come back before he comes. He won't notice that you were gone."

Is he serious right now?

"That's ridiculous!" I squint my eyes at the idiot.

"Ridiculously wise!" He stupidly adds. "There aren't any cameras installed in here! So, what's the deal? You get money for free and live your life while I do mine! It's a win-win situation for the both of us!"

I hate him for being smart aswell. He really has his masterplans!

"No. I'm staying and that's it." I refuse to take his money.

He groans and takes his golden credit card out. "Here! Take this as well! Are you satisfied now?"

He treats me as if I'm such a gold digger and easy to please! Who does he think I am?! I despise him already!

"Keep that to yourself and stop provoking me!" I tried to not take it this far, yet he makes me do so.

"Woah, chill." He looks surprised as I push the things back to his chest. "That's not good, birdie."

"Stop calling me birdie, will ya?!"

"Do you want Nanny instead?"

He's so- ugh!

"No. Call me by my name."

He just shrugs. "It's easier to pronounce than Bronwyn. Your name is an anglicized variant of the Welsh name Branwen, which means 'beautiful raven'. So, technically birdie suits you just fine."