Chapter Five

"Hey," Klaus said.

"h-hi," I said with a bit of a stutter.

"I saved you a spot"

"Uh, thanks," I said as I was walking to the seat that Klaus saved for me.

"If I may recall I think this is your favorite class... right?"

"Yeah, it is."

He smiled and looked back at his book. I stared at him for a few seconds and then pulled out my notebook and began writing couplets.

I would rather reveal my true love.

Then float off with a bunch of doves. 

"That's stupid Isadora," I thought to myself. 

So I ended up scratching it out. The class was about to begin anyway. I was still thinking about what Luce and Quigley said. I tried to ignore it throughout the class. I would occasionally stare at Klaus for a few seconds then look away. Then the worst possible thing happened I spaced out looking right at Klaus. I didn't even realize I was looking at him until he said something.

"Uh... Is are you okay?" He said.

I snapped out of it and said, " U-uh yea I'm okay I was just spaced out." I was blushing.

"Oh okay..." He said a bit suspiciously and resumed working.

I decided to write a couplet.

Eyes brown dark and romantic. 

And I'm going down like the titanic.

(A/N I was listening to the song Eyes blue like the Atlantic and reading the comments on the video. I saw this comment so I went with it and used it as a couplet.😂) 

"Hmm that's better than the last one at least," I thought to myself.

I started and finished my work that we had in class. The bell rang and Klaus and I were headed to lunch. We walked next to each other.

"So what couplets did you write?" He asked.

"Oh I only wrote one," I said lying not wanting him to think my last couplet was about him.

"Well, I'd still liked to hear it if you don't mind."

"Yeah it's fine it goes like this."

"I would rather reveal my true love. Then float off with a bunch doves." 

"It's stupid I know," I said

"It's not stupid Is" He said kindly.

"Thanks."

We were in line getting food when all of the sudden the devils daughter shoves us to the side and cuts in line.

"Move cake-sniffers!" Carmelita Spats shouted.

"Carmelita can't you just wait for your turn," I said angrily.

"I don't have to wait I can do whatever I want."

"Just let her be," Klaus whispered in my ear.

I listened, while Carmelita was getting all the desserts. It was terrible, but I was lucky enough not to have her in any of my classes because she's too stupid for them. Klaus and I got our lunches and sat down in front of Luce who was waiting for us. Luckily Luce doesn't mention how much she wants Klaus and I to date. She fangirls by herself. We ate our lunch in peace and we talked about our day so far. Klaus mentioned my couplet and Luce raised an eyebrow at me so I just rolled my eyes at her.

 We all had the same class next it was Spanish. Klaus and I were kinda forced to take it, but Luce said that she wanted to have some cultural knowledge "Just in case." as she phrased it. We got in the class and I picked my usual spot. Luce bolted to the seat next to me. Klaus just shrugged and sat behind me.

"He he he" Luce said creepily and in a weird way. Klaus and I just looked at each other. I was bored so I wrote in my notebook two more couplets.

She's not alone she brings a pencil,

a pet crow, and lots of Hensel.

The crow likes to chase a stone,

Especially one that's in the drone.

"These don't make sense and why did I mention crow two times?" I thought to myself. I closed my notebook. To look up at Luce staring down at my notebook.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Yes... why did you write such weird couplets?" She answered.

"Mind yo business," 

"Okay..."

It seemed like an eternity waiting for class to start. Our teacher was a bit late but once you had met her she was actually really nice. She seemed like the type of person I would get along with. I really enjoyed the class. I was really paying attention so I didn't even notice that Luce was practically drooling over some guy. When our teacher asked us to partner up for this project Luce just went off to ask her prince charming to be her partner. I was left with Klaus which I was perfectly fine with.

"Okay so I'm going to say some phrases in Spanish and you're gonna write them down. When I'm done repeat it to your partner," She said she began saying the phrases so I wrote them down.

Cómo estás

Eres muy agradable

Como está el clima

The second phrase really got me but everything was going smoothly until I had to say this.

Te quiero