•𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝘁 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸•

[markhyuck oneshot]

🌧

" stay with me, i still can't be in the rain alone without you "

🌧

donghyuck cuddles further underneath his blanket, staring outside the window.

the weather wasn't helping with his bad mood, clouds hiding the bright sun and raindrops pattering against the glass.

chills went down the boy's spine once again, causing him to groan softly and try to warm himself.

the day before, mark and him had gotten into an argument.

the older boy ignored donghyuck since then.

now that the weather is shit and mark isn't with him, he can't help but get emotional.

thinking so much about it caused donghyuck to sniffle, and slowly, tears started dripping down his face.

what if this stupid argument would drift them apart?

will mark stay away from him until they're strangers?

donghyuck couldn't stop the bad assumptions that made his downpour of sadness.

he sat under the covers, letting the sobs out, until a click was heard from his front door.

it startled him, and hearing footsteps nearing his room, he hid under the thick blankets further.

his door creaked open, and someone entered.

"love...?"

mark was here?

donghyuck relaxed a bit, but was still tense, before humming in response.

mark approached him slowly, and sat down at the foot of the bed.

"hey...i'm really sorry for ignoring you, and i know it was a shit thing to do."

the younger boy, hearing the soft sincere words, teared up.

there came another downpour of tears.

donghyuck stayed under the covers and his body started to shake from his sobbing.

mark was obviously worried, and tried to get donghyuck to come out.

"hyuckie? come on, what's wrong love? why are you crying...?"

after a little bit of coaxing, the younger eventually pulled off the blankets, and was immediately embraced by mark's strong arms.

tears kept falling, and he just buried his head into the older boy's neck.

"i-i thought you w-were gonna ignore me, for-forever..!"

donghyuck said, being interrupted by his own hiccups.

softly pulling back from donghyuck, mark stared into his eyes with confidence.

"baby, i would never ever leave you because of some stupid argument. i love you so much, and you mean the world to me!"

donghyuck wiped his tears, and slightly smiled.

"if you love me, can we cuddle?"

mark chuckled softly, his hands caressing the younger boy's waist.

"only if you say it back, love."

with puffy eyes and a red tinted nose, donghyuck smiled at those words, pecking mark on the lips.

"i love you so so so so much!!!"

and the older boy was yanked down, donghyuck's head on his shoulder and legs intertwined with his own.

mark stared down at the younger, smiling softly at the boy illuminated by the moon, who had already fallen asleep.

"i love you, sunshine." he whispered, before kissing his forehead and relaxing.

the two boys laid together until mark eventually fell asleep, entangled with the moonlight shining upon their features.

🌧