On Interstice

I was reading one day that the human sight seemed to have no limit. We can, for example, see stars that are millions of light years away. If we look at the horizon we may encounter obstacles - buildings, mountains, trees- that limit our view. In order to see stars we need a clear sky. Everything we know limits what we can learn from. If I look out the window I see the front house, behind it one building and then another. Even further back there are mountains, sky, clouds, the atmosphere does not allow me to see the end of the horizon. I can see stars with my mere eyes. Unhindered, I could see everything. The same thing happens with intelligence, life, places and all kinds of limits, a language, a paradigm, values, fears and prejudices.

I live in search of the interstice. That tiny space between obstacles where my sight can go through without restrictions and, then, go beyond, to take advantage of the scope of my sight. I wonder what could be beyond the obstacles, what is beyond the interstice.

The fact that my eyes can see stars shows me their reach. But the star is also an obstacle that hides from me the universe behind it. To complicate it a little, the universe is mostly dark. The universe tends to mystery, it hides behind darkness but at the same time it is just that, darkness. Sometimes we do not see things for what they are (but just for what they are not). It's not that it hides something behind or within its darkness but it's just darkness per se, and until we understand this we will not be able to see through it.