Raven-a

not our best ugh. friggin writer's block

ask.fm/latchwriters

twitter.com/latchwriters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With his right foot he slowly pressed the break. He shifted the gear to parking and switched off the engines.

“are we all good?” Mika asked seriously while staring straight at him.

“it’s going to be fun” he tells her and grabs her freehand to kiss it.

They both step out the car and walked towards the gate. Mika rings the doorbell and immediately the house help steps out to answer the guests.

“Magandang umaga po Ma’am Mika” the soft spoken housekeeper greets

“magandang umaga manang, si Ate?”

“nasa loob po hinihintay lang po kayo”

“ah salamat”

Mika grabs Kiefer’s hand and proceeded to her sister’s humble abode.

“Ate?” Mika calls out as she entered the house.

“Ate nasaan ka?” Mika calls out again as she walked around the house looking for her sister.

The third time Mika calls for her sister’s name, the sound footsteps echoes the room. Without warning, Mika feels a pair of hands hug the back of her legs. She nearly stumbles and turns around who nearly caused the mishap.

“Raven!” Mika says with glee. She bents down to achieve eye level with her nephew.

“you surprised me buddy! Who told you to scare me?” Mika asks while holding her nephew’s little hands and swinging it. Raven turns around and raises his little finger pointing at Kiefer “tito” referring to him as the mastermind. Kiefer lets out a nervous laugh and scratches his head. All Mika could do was smile since the two were in cahoots.

“Baby where’s your mommy?” Mika asks

“bedwoom!”

“Kief, puntahan ko lang si Ate. Bantayin mo muna si Raven”

“sure!!!” Kiefer replies excitedly. He grabs the toddler and sweeps him off his feet. Kiefer decides to bring him outside so they would have more room to play. On the other hand, Mika proceeds upstairs to the room where her sister is currently at

“Ate?” Mika says as she knocked on the door

“Mika! Nandito ka na pala. Inaayos ko lang yung bag ni Raven” Mika’s sister, Aereen, says as she placed empty bottles and a pack of powdered milk in the baby duffel bag.

“sure kayo okay lang na bantayin niyo muna si Raven?”

“Oo naman ate!” she reassures her sister

It was Kiefer’s idea that they volunteer to watch Raven for a night. Since it was Mika’s sister and brother in law’s anniversary, Mika and Kiefer wanted that they take a vacation. Mika’s older nephew was at a youth camp trip so Mika and Kiefer just needed to babysit Raven. Also, her sister only planned an overnight stay and nothing more.

Aereen hands the duffel bag and instructs her on Raven’s usual routine while they make their way down the steps. As they got out of the house, the two sisters smiled as they watched Raven trying to chase Kiefer. Kiefer stops running when he saw both of them arrive. He picks up Raven and lets him sit on his shoulder.

“ready na ba tayo?” He asks them while panting. All the running definitely left him tired.

“salamat Kiefer ha!” Aereen says