Rescue

(A/N This chapter gets a bit weird, so read at your own risk!)

Tanaka's POV

As Ennoshita and I walked to class the next morning I noticed she was getting more stares than yesterday. She had told me to calm down about the whole 'I will protect you with my life' thing but I still cared for her. I especially noticed that one guy was staring at her with the most lustful look I had ever seen on a guy. He left his friends and started to walk in our direction. He stayed back but was still within my line of sight.

Creepy.

We continued to walk to class and the guy continued to follow us. Ennoshita didn't notice thanks to her reading and walking at the same time.

I shuffled closer to Ennoshita and glared at the guy, trying to say 'This one's mine'.

~~Time skip to lunch~~

"I'm going to the restroom." Ennoshita said, standing up.

"Ok, don't get lost!" Noya said and waved.

She glared at her and walked out of the cafeteria, book in hand. Noya was trying not to laugh but failing miserably.

I went back to my lunch and tried not to think about that guy.

How could he look at her like that? Especially since I was walking with her! What if something happens?

"Hey bro, you look worried, what's wrong?" Noya asked, waving her hand in front of my face.

"Well, I'm kind of worried about Ennoshita." I said.

Noya gave me a look, ( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) , and said,

"Well, maybe you should go check on her. It has been about ten minutes."

I nodded and got up.

I was nearing the bathroom when I heard crying.

That's weird. Normally girls don't stay outside the bathroom to cry.

As I rounded the corner I saw a terrible sight.

Oh he better be ready to catch these hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ennoshita's POV

I sat at lunch, totally engrossed in my book. It was titled "Matched". The story so far was very interesting and I was excited to see how it ended. Soon I felt a pain in my stomach.

"I'm going to the restroom." I said, standing and grabbing my book.

"Ok, don't get lost!" Noya waved at me.

I glared at her and walked out of the cafeteria. I opened my book and continued to read. I was almost at the bathrooms when I heard footsteps behind me. I felt a hand wrap around my waist.

"Hey baby girl~" I heard someone whisper in my ear. (A/N YUCK EW I'M SORRY)

I tried to push him off me but he was stronger than I was. If anything the action made him grip me tighter.

"Hey! Let go!" I yelled.

"Oh, a feisty one we have here."

At this point I was fuming.

What gave this creep the right to touch me without my consent?! What about 'let go!' did he not understand!

For a moment I got out of his grasp and tried to flee down the hall, but he just scooped me up and pinned me against the wall.

I hadn't realized how tall he was. He loomed over me and had this awful smirk on his face.

The reality of the situation set in and I started to cry. I could barely see through my tears. He leaned his face close to mine. I could feel his hot breath on my cheek.

"How about we have some fun?" He asked in a seductive tone. I started to shake and I closed my eyes, fearing the worst.

Right then he was pulled off me. I opened my eyes and through my tears I could see someone with a bald head wrestling the guy to the ground.

The bald boy must have threatened the other one or something of that sort because the guy ran off and the bald one stood up. He turned to me and smiled.

"Tanaka." I choked out.

He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug, rocking back and forth slightly. I cried into his shoulder and he didn't seem to mind.

"I'm so glad you're ok." 

After my sobs had died down he pulled me to one of the benches in the hallway and we sat down. I was still hiccuping and felt utterly exhausted. I leaned my head onto his shoulder.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"Well, you were gone for too long so I started to get worried. I went the same way you did and came across the guy pinning you to the wall. I guess instinct took over and I punched him to get him off you. I scared him pretty good and he ran off like the coward he is."

"Thank you." I whispered.

I felt him nod and he got up, pulling me with him.

"Do you want to go home early?" He asked and I nodded.

"Ok. I'll text Daichi to tell him you won't be at practice." He dug his phone out of his pocket and typed something on the screen.

"Let's go get our stuff."

He led me in the direction of our classroom. He still had his arm protectively around my shoulders, which I appreciated greatly.

We soon came to our classroom and Tanaka grabbed both our bags, throwing them over his shoulder.

"Ready to go?" He asked and I nodded, following him out of the room.

The walk to my house was silent. Tanaka kept darting his eyes around, as if at the first sign of danger he would pick me up and run.

When we finally arrived at my house he handed me my bag and turned to leave. I rushed forward and pulled him into a hug. After a second he hugged back. We stood there for only a few seconds but it felt like an eternity.

"Could you stay?" I asked quietly.

I felt him nod and he led me into my house.

~~~~~~~~~~

I really like the idea of a soft Tanaka ngl.

I'm sorry this chapter was more on the serious side but I need to get the characters closer somehow and this is on the list of ways.

I have the chapters for the next week written and their all moderately fluffy as an apology for this chapter and the one-shot 'Masks'.

Have a nice day/night!

~Claire 💖💖