Chapter 1

Hi.
My name is Perseus Jackson, and this is my story.

I've been through...let's say a lot. I defeated Kronos. I lost all my memories and was sent to a Roman camp. I fell into Tartarus. I was one of the 7 to defeat Gaea.

I'll admit, I had it pretty good. I had a great girlfriend, amazing friends, and people who love me. I had a great mom, a super cool step-dad, and an adorable little sister. 

Notice how for all of those, I used the word "had".

Wanna know how it all went down for me? I'll tell you that story. Buckle up, this is going to be a really bumpy ride.

The first thing that the universe had to take from me was my friends.

I was sitting on the edge of a cliff about 250 feet over the ocean with Hazel, Annabeth, Frank, Leo, Jason, Piper, and Thalia (she was only there because the Hunters of Atremis were visiting CHB).

Frank got up and said he was going to be back soon, and he needed to talk to Chiron. About 10 minutes later, Jason, Piper, and Thalia wandered off to talk on a stroll in the woods. Leo of course wandered off on his own tinkering with anything he found on the ground.

At this point it was just me, Annabeth, and Hazel left.

Hazel got up and said she was going to go join Frank, but she was a little bit too close to the edge of the cliff. She lost her balance...and she fell off. I tried to reach out for her, but I couldn't get to her. Me and Annabeth watched in horror as Hazel plummeted 250 feet to her death. The others must've heard Hazel and Annabeth's screams, and multiple campers came to see what was going on. I just sat there frozen.

"Hazel! No!!" Annabeth wailed.

"Where's Hazel?!" Frank panicked. "What happened?!"

"S-she fell off the cliff!" Annabeth said.

"WHAT?!" a new voice said. I turned and saw Nico di Angelo, Hazel's half-brother, forming out of the shadows.

"PERCY!" he screamed at me. "YOU'RE A FREAKING SON OF POSEIDON! THE WATER WAS RIGHT THERE! WHY DIDN'T YOU USE YOUR WATER POWERS OR SOMETHING TO SAVE HER?!"

Everybody turned to look at me. "Or...or did you push her off the cliff..?" Frank said, giving me a deadly stare.

"N-no!" I said. "I swear, I didn't push Hazel off the cliff. I didn't think to rise the water to catch her because I panicked.."

"That's not a valid reason Percy." Jason said. "You've had great reflexes in so many battles, but you couldn't save Hazel."

"I-"

"Save it Percy." Leo said. "I didn't think you were a bad person. You're actually a horrible person. You.....you killed one of our friends. What kind of sick-minded person does that?"

"Guys!" Annabeth cut in. "Percy killed nobody! Hazel was getting up...and......and she fell off!"

"Annabeth, honey." Piper said with sorrowful eyes. "You're blinded by your love for this murderer."

"HE'S NOT A MURDERER!" she screamed. "Why can't you guys see that?! When has Percy ever purposefully killed, even hurt someone?!"

"People change, Annabeth." Jason said. "And I believe, Percy has changed."

Every trudged away in disapproval, leaving Annabeth comforting me as a sobbed into her curly blonde hair.

That was just the first incident.