Chapter 3

Great. I'm face to face with a Calydonian Boar. Why can't I just have a little bit of luck in my side for once?

 I Remembered the Boar from a couple years ago. I fought it with Grover, Zoë, Bianca, and Thalia. But back then it was 5 of us. Right now, it's only me and Nico.

The Calydonian Boar backed up, as if getting ready to charge at me. I took out Anaklusmos (Riptide), and charged first. I swung at the boar and sliced a gash into its snout, but it wasn't enough to kill it, and I guess that the injury just made it even more furious because it charged at me.

It used its tusks and it lifted me up and sent me flying. Next thing I knew, I crashed into a tree and slid to the dirt floor.

Ouch, I thought. I hit my head against the tree and there were black dots dancing in my vision.

"Percy!" I heard Nico yell. I heard a battle cry and with my blurry sight I was able to make out Nico hacking with his sword at the Boar. The weakness of not eating for three days hit me at the worst moment. I didn't feel like I was able to get up.

Next thing I knew, Nico was sent flying into the same tree and crashed right next to me.

"Ughh", he moaned in pain.

"What are we going to do now?" he asked. The Boar was creeping towards us.

"I don't know about you, but I didn't leave that dumb camp to be killed by a mutant over grown pig. I'm going to fight this thing even if it kills me." I said, staggering to my feet. I picked up my sword, and ran towards the boar, screaming curses as I went. Once it was about 4 feet in front of me, a dodged to the left and sliced a decently sized cut into its side. Again, it only made the boar angrier than before. It realized that I was now behind the beast, and it kicked me back with its hind legs with so much force, that I passed out while still soaring in the air.

Probably a few minutes had passed when I woke up, because I was lying flat against some sharp rocks. I noticed that a few had pierced my legs, sides, and arms. I then rubbed the back of my head, but when I removed my hand it was drenched in blood. Great. My head is bleeding now.

I saw Nico in the distance sprinting towards me with the boar chasing after him. "Percy!" He yelled. I tried to respond, but couldn't muster enough strength to even open my mouth. My vision was getting blurrier and darker by the minute as well. Then I attempted to at least stand up. Bad decision.

As I tried to crawl to my feet, I felt a sharp pain in my sides and in my chest. I probably broke a couple ribs and probably punctured my lungs too because it was getting harder to breathe. At this rate, I'll die within the next ten minutes. Wow. So this is really how it's going to end.

Then, and Iris message appeared next to me. I didn't summon one, so where did this one come from??? I heard a voice which I later realized was the voice of the rainbow goddess Iris.
"Camp Half-Blood, come and see what you've done."
Oh. So she was sending a message to CHB.
She continued as more demigods came to see my horrible state through the Iris Message, "You all know this hero, Perseus Jackson. As you can see, in his attempt to run away from you disgraceful beings, he ran into a monster with his companion. He would've been able to defeat it if it weren't for you all."

I slightly tilted my head to look into the mist of the iris message. The entire camp was watching me slowly die. Nico was by my side by now.

Iris' voice went on, "You blind demigods blamed Percy for killing Hazel. This was untrue. You mocked him, bullied him, beat him. Then you blamed him for rape. As if this wonderful hero would do such a thing. You all disgust me. For three days he starved himself, hiding in his cabin from all of you. It made him too weak to defend himself against this monster, and here he is, slowly dying due to your negligence to the truth. This will never be forgiven, for Percy Jackson was the greatest demigod that the world has ever seen. I hope each and every one of you are ashamed of yourselves."

The campers looked genuinely sad, and I saw Annabeth crying into Leo's chest. Wow. She's still with that bastard. Then the Iris Message ended.

I don't know what exactly happened next, but I felt like I was splitting into tiny droplets. Like a mist. Next thing I knew, I'd reformed, and found myself face to face with the Twelve Olympians.