Chapter 8

How did Kronos manage to get a body AND a consciousness again? I don't know. But that's not what I'm worried about right now. I'm worried about my camp being destroyed.

"Kronos," I shouted. "What do you want from us? Ready to be defeated, AGAIN?"

I heard more whispers in the crowd of demigods like: "THAT'S KRONOS?"

"Well well well," Kronos said with a slow clap. "If it isn't the savior of Olympus. Hello there Perseus Jackson. Or should I say, King of the Seven Seas?"

More gasps and questions arose from the demigods.

"Oh, he did not tell you?" Kronos continued. "After Perseus died, he was brought to Olympus and made a god. He raised a few companions from the dead, and made them gods and goddesses as well. Then he proceeded to return to this dreadful camp, and went undercover with the name 'Drake'. You're all idiots to not have realized it was him!"

"Stop the chit-chat Kronos!" I barked. "What do you want?"

"Oh, nothing much." he said, sliding his fingers on the blade of his scythe. "I just want revenge against you, all your loved ones, and the Olympians for ruining my previous plan to take over Olympus. But this time, instead of going straight for Olympus, I'm going to wipe out the demigods first. The gods won't have anyone to turn to for help. They'll beg for my mercy. Zeus will give the throne back to me, and I will once again rise to be King of the Cosmos!"

Rosalie stepped out of line and took a few paces towards Kronos, pointing her spear at him. "Psychotic much?" she said with an eye roll.

Adora drew out her knife and stepped forward too. "Yeah. What makes you so sure that your plan will work this time?"

Ryder stepped up and said, "We beat you once, and we'll do it again!"

At this point everyone was stepping up with confidence and drawing their weapons

After the next 50 demigods, Kronos decided he had enough, and shouted to his legion of monsters, "ATTACK!"

For the first 10 minutes, things were sort of going okay. I'd vaporized about 50 monsters already, but then ole bull head came along.

"Long time no see BEEF HEAD!" I shouted at the Minotaur. Steam was practically coming out of his nostrils. He charged at me, and I rolled to the left.  The bull-man stumbled and I saw my chance to kill him, so I dashed at him and sunk my sword into his back, leaving dust in his place.

I looked to my right and saw my friends fighting off other monsters, but Rosalie caught my eye. She was fighting off a griffin with her spear, and was doing really well. Her spear pierced through its eye and it screeched in pain. She stabbed at it again and missed, but she clamped her arm around the other, wincing in pain because of the injury that Leo gave her. I could tell it was making her weaker. Suddenly, she was surrounded by a flaming red aura, and started jabbing at the griffin with her spear at lightning speed. It was the blessing of Ares. Withing seconds, the griffin was vaporized and she moved on to the next monster who crossed her path.

I could've just stayed in the center of that battlefield watching her battle monsters, but the one and only king of the Titans approached me.

"Perseus Jackson." he said, spinning his scythe between his fingers. "I have awaited this moment ever since the battle on Olympus. I've been waiting to DESTROY you. Prepare to DIE!"

"Well, grandpa," I said, "It seems old age is catching up with you. I've already died. I'm a god now. You can't kill me. But I could easily turn you to dust, with no consciousness, and send you straight to Tartarus for the third time."