backstory/chapter one

It was a peaceful night in the Potter household, but the sounds of the heavy rain made it better.

──────────────────────
Lily was seated near the fireplace on the couch showing baby pictures.

"Look at this one Florence" Lily said excitedly, handing the dark-skinned woman a picture of seven-month-old harry, chewing on his father's Quidditch glove.

A bright smile formed across her maroon lips

"he's already taking after his father I see" Florence teased, handing the photo back to Lily.

James turned to her with a big dopey smile, He got off the floor wiping his hands on his pants,

"I know, when he turns six I'm going to start training him for Quidditch."

She high fives him and looked at Lily who had a troubling look on her face, "Are you ok?" She asked feeling concerned for her best friend.

"Do you think our kids will be friends in the future?"

"he's a mix of you and James together trust me, they'll be best friends." She nods and smiles.

"Plus I'm pretty sure that y/n will one the keeping harry safe from getting detention As I did with him," Florence joked, pointing at James, she starts laughing.

He shakes his head, opening his mouth ready to protest when suddenly the fire goes out leaving them in the dark.

"What just happened," Lily asked feeling slightly panic at the sudden action.

"I'm not sure, maybe it was just the wind let me go relight it." He gets up on the couch and began to walk towards the fireplace

As he lit up the match Florence felt something at the pit of her stomach.

Her eyes widen as she continued to feel the energy and thought,

Evil.

She snapped her head towards her best friend and said "Someone or thing is here." James and Lily both turn around to look at Florence.

"What do you mean, is someone here? like in the house." Lily's voice trembled as she began to slowly get up from her chair, Lily looked at her husband to see if was listening. He was.

"No, not in the house. But close." As soon she said that the front door flew open, the harsh, cold wind took out the fireplace once again.

"GO UPSTAIRS" James yelled as he took out his wand and went to the front door.

Both of the ladies ran upstairs into harry's room Florence locks the door behind them.

"Florence," She looks at Lily, who was shaking in fright, "leave."

Florence stares at her friend like she had gone mad "What do you mean?"

"I'm saying go,"

Florence shook her head and said, "but you'll die and I don't want Harry to grow up without his mother."

"And I don't want y/n to grow up without hers get home and protect your family, I'll be fine"

Florence glanced at lily before kissing her on the head and going to the crib which held Harry and y/n in it, picking her up Florence uses half of her cloak to keep her warm.

She looks at lily who had tears running down her face and said "I love you" with tears of her own.

"And I love you too" and with that Florence threw some powder and screamed the words "TAKE US HOME" as soon she vanished in a puff of smoke the door flew open.

"Leave him alone!" were the last words that she ever heard her friends say.

At the L/n residents

Clarence was in bed silently reading his book when smoke came out of the fireplace and landed in front of the bed morphing back into his wife and child.

He quickly got out of bed, nearly tripping on the sheets, "What happened?" He asked seeing his wife with Red eyes.

"I-... I think Voldemort killed Lily and James, and I think he's coming for us too." Clarence's eyes widen in horror, he ran to the closet taking out a duffle bag then ran to y/n's room quickly shoving all of her baby stuff in it.

Clarence came back into the room with the bag and coat in hand "let's go to jasmine's house"

One small-time skip later

They arrive at jasmine's house at exactly three fifty-two am, Florence knocked on the door and waited.

The once thick downpour was now a soft drizzle, the door opened to reveal a woman, with a black Bonnet and blue robe, "Florence, Clarence, what are you guys doing here?" She asked looking at them.

"He's coming for us," Clarence gave a short answer that left her very confused but then again, I'd be confused too if I had company at nearly four am.

Jasmine turned to her sister, silently begging for a clear answer from her "He's talking about...you-know-who," Florence hissed, clutching her child closer to her body.

Jasmine's eyes widen and her breath quickened, "Does he know about y/n?."

Florence shook her head, "No he doesn't know about her, that's why we need your help."

"Absolutely to whatever you need me to help you," jasmine's eyes frantically flickered from her sister to her brother-in-law.

"Raise her in the Muggle world, but Promise me that you'll give her these," Florence gave jasmine two envelopes "This one is for her eleventh birthday and this is for when the time is right."

"I promise." the couple looked at each other before giving their child One Last Kiss.

Florence looked at jasmine before giving her the same kiss that she gave Lily.

"I love you." jasmine told her while holding y/n, watching as her sister and brother-in-law leave her house.

"And I love you too."