Tome 1| Log 4 Part 1

When Y/n along with Cerberus had reentered the circle of Treachery, they were immediately assaulted by the familiar and bone-chilling air. Since the tunnel that demons usually used to traverse through Treachery was under maintenance, the small group had no choice but to step foot into the polar land and quickly set off towards Lucifer's tower which could be seen even from the entrance.

Y/n, who was familiar with these conditions from all the times he visited, was only slightly discomforted by the freezing tundra, the same could not be said for Cerberus though. Enas had taken off her gloves and was rubbing them together, the friction generating warmth. Dyo was hugging herself, rubbing her arms up and down to warm up while Tria did her best to just bear with it. As demons, they naturally could survive against these types of temperatures, disparate to the humans who would easily die in these conditions if they had similar clothes to what the demons were currently wearing, but that did not mean that the demons didn't feel the cold.

The circle of Treachery was the coldest thing to exist, both in Heaven, Hell, The Abyss, Earth and Purgatory. Colder than the north and south poles of earth, colder than the winters that would come and go, colder than death's empty embrace. No matter what it be, the circle of Treachery was the coldest thing there was, akin to how the emotion of treachery is a cold, stale, heart-wrenching feeling that swallows you whole.

There is nothing colder than Treachery, both figuratively and physically. Why else would it be the last circle of hell?

The four don't bother to exchange words as they walk toward the tower. Anything spoken would be lost amongst the howls of the wind and soft groans of souls frozen in the ground.

Talking out here would be pointless.

Instead of speaking, Y/n had opted to keep to his thoughts instead. Aside from the thoughts of wondering why Lucifer sent him to fetch the triplets and not another demon, Y/n was thinking to himself about the attack on Lucifer's tower. Y/n had no idea why, but he had the nagging feeling that sooner or later something worse was going to happen. He didn't know what, and he didn't know when, but he felt it. He had no idea if he was being a little paranoid, but he would tighten the watch on the cities in the circle of Greed when he got back. Just to be safe.

Y/n felt a small tug on his shirt, snapping him from his thoughts. Looking down, he saw that Enas was now standing by his side looking up at him with her big red eyes and asked him with a jittering voice, "Y/n, how much longer till we get there?"

Her words did not meet Y/n's ears as the harsh winds continued to blow, but he could guess what she had said regardless. "Not much longer now, only an hour or so left till we arrive." He replied through the winds.

While Y/n and other demons might have not been able to hear anything, Cerberus was part dog and that gave her superior hearing capabilities. Enas gave him a thumbs up while Tria and Dyo had suddenly appeared at his other side.

"Do you think Miss boss lady will be mad at us?" Tria abruptly asked, her voice was a combination of a shout and a whimper. "For not doing our job, I mean."

The question caught him off guard. The sin of greed had completely forgotten why he and Cerberus were heading to the tower in the first place, being distracted by his thoughts. In the corner of his eyes he caught the fearful expression of the triplets. Y/n could understand why; He had seen the punishments some demons would receive from Lucifer, some light and bearable while others were just plain overkill. If you worked for Lucifer personally, it was a strong motivator to keep you from making a mistake.

Just because you worked for the queen doesn't mean that she wouldn't kill you if given the chance. No matter how important the job is, anyone can be replaced after all.