Chapter 22

"Todoroki!" The greenette exclaimed upon seeing the bi-coloured hair doctor.

"Problem child- cough Midoriya, good to see you awake." Shoto greeted before scribbling on his clipboard. "How are you feeling?" 

"I'm fine!" Izuku beamed, causing the blonde beside his bed to tsk at that carefree tone.  "Thanks for helping with the trip too! It was fun!" He answered eagerly, almost jumping out of bed if not held back by some blonde's muscular arm.

"You're welcome. Glad you've enjoyed it." The doctor smiled slightly, watching as the greenette got fussed over by his overprotective boyfriend. 

He couldn't believe that it was just yesterday that he caught sight of the greenette getting rushed to the ER when his heart suddenly stopped on the flight back. The blonde was a mess no doubt about it, screaming and hollering at the other doctors to save the greenette's life. 

"If there's nothing left for me, I shall take my leave first-"

"Wait! Kacchan the gifts, pass them!" Izuku called out as Katsuki let out a low growl, digging a large of snacks out of their luggage and throwing at the stunned male. 

"Sorry it's nothing much, we don't really know what kind of souvenirs you'll like so-" Izuku rambled, causing a tick mark to form on the blonde's forehead.

"Shut up Deku! Just fucking rest for now!" Katsuki chided, glaring at the teen who immediately shut his mouth and made himself comfortable against the soft pillows. Nodding at the greenette in satisfaction, he turned to glare at the bi-coloured hair male, his patience running thin. "Well you've gotten your things, candy cane! You can leave now!" 

Without another word, Shoto left the room quickly as the blonde slumped back into his cold metal chair. "Kacchan... are you okay-"

"Okay? Okay?! Fuck no! Why the fuck will I be O K ? You scared the shit out of me Deku! How dare you just doze off and end up having your heart stopping with blood running down your chin! You should have told me if you weren't feeling O K !" Katsuki shouted, his heart still running on overdrive since the incident.

Slumping over the side of the bed ad onto Izuku's thighs, he crossed his arms over his face, as tears welled up in his eyes, unable to handle the surprise attack and the overwhelming sense of relief all at the same time. Before he can even scream at the greenette again, soft fingers ran through his golden blonde locks in a gentle manner, rubbing the back of his head in an attempt to help him loosen his tense nerves.

"I'm sorry, Kacchan." Izuku whispered out with a faint smile on his face as he shook away the sour feeling in his heart, trying desperately to keep his own tears in as he comforted the blonde. As much as he wanted to break down and cry, he knew it would be harder for the one who lives. He wants Katsuki to only think of all the happy memories they had together with a smile on his face, not break down and cry when he leaves.

"Kacchan." He called out gently as he rubbed the blonde's shoulder lightly. Tilting his head to the side to reveal slightly swollen eyes, Katsuki hummed in reply before wrapping his arms around the greenette's waist and burying his face against his torso.

Watching as the blonde behaved like an overgrown big baby around him, Izuku letout a soft giggle, leaning forward to rub his nose tenderly against Katsuki's soft cheeks. "Cute."

"Shut up Deku..." The blonde huffed, stuffing his face deeper against the greenette's torso as his ears turned red in embarrassment. "Wanna sneak out?"

"I was waiting for you to ask that. Let's go to the aquarium." Izuku answered with a grin as the blonde smirked up at him like an idiot. Digging into their luggage for a set of unused clothes, Katsuki dressed the greenette up quickly, pulling the large oversized hoodie over the distinct green locks of his as Izuku grabbed his wallet still filled with cash. Not like he could bring any along with him after he died so might as well spend like no tomorrow.

"Hop on." Katsuki instructed as he sat by the corner of the bed with his back facing the greenette.

"Hop on?" The teen asked in confusion before attempting to step out of bed, only to get swept off his feet and thrown over a broad muscular back. "Eek! Kacchan! Let me down! I can walk!" He fussed, shaking the blonde's shoulders as he tried to scamper back down.

"What did you say? I can't hear shit. Gosh, the hospital is too noisy, I'm going deaf. Tell me later, Deku." Katsuki teased, ignoring the greenette's struggles before hauling him out of the silent white building with a wide grin plastered on his face. "Hold on tight, Deku! Let's go!"

~ Time skip brought to you by Bakugou's titties~

"Kacchan look! Sharks!" Izuku exclaimed in awe as he pointed towards the large show glass, another arm wrapped securely around the blonde's neck

Letting out a light snicker, Katsuki made his way towards the glass before carefully setting the overly excited teen down. Getting back his freedom, Izuku immediately plastered his face against the glass, watching as the sea life swam peacefully in their enclosed habitat.

"I wonder if they feel sad...imagine the families they got ripped from." Izuku sobbed lightly as tears welled up in his eyes, feeling sorry for the sea life caught for humans entertainment.

"Tch. Don't cry, Deku. At least they're safe from the dangers lurking outside." Katsuki snorted, pulling his sobbing greenette into his arms as he rubbed small circles over the teen's slender back, not knowing how else to comfort the teen.

"Why don't we go see some pandas perform?" The blonde suggested, earning weird looks from the other as the greenette stared at him confused.

"Pandas?"

"Look! What did I say! Pandas!" Katsuki announced proudly upon seeing the black and white creature leaping out of the water

"Look! What did I say! Pandas!" Katsuki announced proudly upon seeing the black and white creature leaping out of the water. This gained him weird looks from both the spectators who have heard him and the greenette himself too.

"Kacchan... that's not a panda... it's a killer whale." Izuku deadpanned, not knowing to facepalm himself in the face or laugh at the blonde's intelligence. 

"But it's black and white!" Katsuki argued, causing Izuku to just cut him the slack for being a devil and deciding to just facepalm himself hard.

"Cows and zebras are black and white too, you know..." Izuku mumbled out in defeat but nonetheless enjoyed the gracefulness and how gentle the giants were while trying to hold back his tears for the same reason as before.

"Tch, scoot closer. We don't need you getting wet." Katsuki huffed, pulling the greenette against his chest as a small blush formed on Izuku's cheek.

"That's not the only thing that's gonna make me wet Kacchan..." Izuku mumbled out thoughtlessly under his breath, only to feel his face heat up at his own indecent words. Luckily for him, this went unheard by the blonde beside him.

"Deku look! It stood up!" Katsuki exclaimed, eyeing the killer whale with bright sparkling eyes while Izuku simply started digging his imaginary hole for his mind to hide in.

"Ha... ha... right..."