3

"So, this, us, what are we going to do?" Betty breaks the silence.
    Jughead looks over at her. They both sit next to each other on Betty's bed in an unsure haze.
    "What do you mean?"
    "Do you want kids?"
    "Well, yeah, we wouldn't have been matched if I didn't."
   "I don't think we would have been matched at all."
    "I guess we are just compatible." He shrugs.
    "So, what do you do for fun?" Betty asks.
    "I write novels."
    "Really? About what?" She turns to face him.
    "Mystery novels. You don't have to listen to this. I know it's boring."
    "No, I love writing, I would love to hear about it. Are you working on something now?"
    "Yeah, are you?"
    "No, I've been super busy. I work at pops at night and the bookstore during the day on weekends, but since school is over I will be working there full time. I just don't have the time to sit down and write anymore."
    "Well, I work at the Bijou. That's mostly a weekend nights thing, so you could talk to Pop Tate about only working weeknights so that during the days you can write."
    "Really? You would do that for me?"
    "Of course, but we would be at the Bijou almost all day. That's when I get a lot of writing done, so you could write while we work."
    Betty leans forward and presses her lips against his. He rests his hand on the back of her head as they kiss. She finally pulls away and her eyes widen.
    "Ugh, I'm sorry." She leans her head back against the headboard.
    Alice barges in with a smile on her face before sitting on the bed with them.
    "I have good news. Sweetpea agreed to be your best man and Veronica has agreed to be your maid of honour. Cheryl, Jellybean and Toni said they would be your bridesmaids, and the girls will be the flower girls and finally, Dagwood will be the ring bearer."
    "Thanks, Mrs. Cooper." Jughead smiles.
    "How are you two doing? Excited for tomorrow?" Alice asks.
    "We're as good as we can be." Betty shrugs with a half-smile. "Jughead is going to try and get me a job at the theatre so I can write more."
    "Aw, how sweet." Alice smiles. "Well, I'll leave you two alone to get to know each other. Dinner is in a few hours, Betty, you have to come and meet the Jones's, they are so nice."
     "She's right, we are pretty great." Jughead chuckles, nudging Betty's shoulder with his.
    Alice gets up and leaves, chuckling to herself. Betty turns to Jughead and apologizes again.
    "Betty, stop apologizing, it's not a problem. We're going to be married tomorrow anyways so kissing isn't really an issue. Besides, we agreed we both want kids and that involves a lot more than kissing." He smiles.
    "Thank you."
    "For what?"
    "For sticking up for me that one time."
    "Well, those football players are dicks and you're just the nicest girl I've ever met. It's really not fair."
    She blushes. "How did you know I was sweet. I could have deserved it."
    "Because we met one time before. I was at pops one night working on my book, you came over and brought me my food and we talked for a little bit. But you were exhausted so I wasn't surprised when you didn't remember me."
    "What did we talk about?"
    "Selection day. You were sure you would be matched with your friend, Archie."
    She laughs. "Yeah, it looked like that until it didn't. But I think you're a better option."
    "What do you mean?"
    "Well, you can't tell anybody this, but Archie isn't someone I want to be with. I mean, we really have nothing in common. The only thing that we kind of have in common is that he's a football player and I was a cheerleader."
    "Well, I'm glad that we have something in common."
    "I wonder what Ethel and Chuck have in common."
    "Yeah, but a lot of people who don't get along gr matched. I mean, Cheryl and Toni have never gotten along that well, but they got matched."
    "I'm so sorry I kissed you. I'm such an idiot." Betty sighs.
    Jughead sighs before cupping her face in his hands. "You didn't do anything wrong." He smiles at her.
    He leans in slowly but is interrupted by Hal walking in. "Dinner is...ready."
    Jughead quickly pulls away from her. "Thanks, we'll be right there."
    They walk downstairs where everyone was sitting. From the Coopers to the Jones's, along with Cheryl, Toni, Sweetpea and Veronica.
    "You guys making out?" Polly asks.
    "No, Polly." Betty laughs.
    Fp Jones approaches her with a warm smile. "Hi, I'm jugheads father, Fp." He hugs her.
    "I'm Jellybean." Jellybean smiles at her. "I can't wait until I get matched."
    "Yes you can." Fp turns to fave her and Betty giggles.
    "Trust me, you can. It was the most stressful day of my life." Jughead chuckles.