Chapter 1: The Season Begins!

I went to my room, which was on the second floor, and put down a bag filled with some stuff I grabbed to remind me of home. The room had a TV, toaster, toilet, shower and a bed. Judging by the empty space everywhere, I assumed that I and the others wouldn't be staying in our rooms for too long.
"Time to unpack." I sighed, opening my bag.
I put my blanket and a small pillow on my bed. I put the snacks and drinks I had taken in a small cupboard. I wouldn't need to put anything in the fridge, as I would be eating out for the majority of my time here. I also put my notebook containing tips for the minigames in the cupboard. I would be needing that.
Every Fall Guy has their own costume or signature dance to stand out against their competitors. To make everyone like them, and potentially get picked as a Wild Card later in the season. Wild Cards bring 3 Fall Guys back into the tournament, one for each judge. Champ, my idol, and the other two, Master Ninja and Twit. Anyway, my costume was nothing too crazy. A purple headband, and a cyan shirt and shorts.
I equipped my costume and then joined all of the other competitors in the lobby of the hotel. One of the judges was stood in the crowd, signing autographs. In his purple uniform, it was undoubtedly Master Ninja.
This season is the fourth season, and Master Ninja won in the second season. He won his season by climbing Fall Mountain using the balls to propel himself through the air. He currently is the fastest Fall Guy to beat Fall Mountain, at 11 seconds. His son, Ninja, is competing this season.
"Notebook... notebook... notebook!" I grabbed my notebook and pen from my pocket.
I ran over to meet Master Ninja, when I suddenly ran into someone. We both fell over and I banged my head. It hurt a little, but I would be fine.
"Oh, I'm so sorry! Are you hurt?" he asked.
"I'm fine. Who are you?" I asked him.
"I'm Pineapple." Pineapple shook my hand, "Nice to meet you!"
"I'm Rookie."
"I'm guessing you were on your way to meet Master Ninja?"
"Yeah! I see you already met him."
Pineapple looked at the signature in his hands. He then grabbed me and pulled me to Master Ninja.
"Ah! You again." Master Ninja looked at Pineapple.
"My friend Rookie here wants to meet you." Pineapple pushed me forward.
"Oh, umm... hi?" I blushed.
"Hi! I'll take that." Master Ninja nabbed my notebook and pen and began to write his name and the words 'Good luck Rookie!'
"Thank you."
Ninja, Master Ninja's son, arrived. He was wearing his white ninja outfit with pride. I stood up tall to stand my ground. Ninja laughed at me.
"Look at this one, father! He's pathetic!" Ninja laughed hysterically.
"We can't say anything about anyone until we see the first episode." Master Ninja snapped, "I'm sorry about him."
Ugh. Oh well, I guess my legacy wouldn't be very exciting if I didn't have that one thing that makes a story needs. And in my case it's a smarmy arch nemesis who I want to punch in the face. But I best not let Master Ninja know that.
"Anyway, you three should probably get going to the starting line, the show will be starting soon." Master Ninja told them.
"Come on Rookie! We have to see what race we're playing!" Pineapple grabbed me again.
"Thanks for everything!" I waved.
The first round of every episode of every championship ever is a race, and I doubt it will be any different this year. This means we will be playing Dizzy Heights, See Saw, Door Dash, Fruit Chute, Hit Parade, Gate Crash, Slime Climb or The Whirlygig. I'm personally hoping it won't be Door Dash or Gate Crash, as I've seen many Fall Guys' games ruined by getting stuck or trampled. Slime Climb isn't great either, but I'll manage if it is.
Me and Pineapple ran up the hill to the starting line and we saw what minigame was chosen. Row after row of tilting panels lay ahead of us. See Saw. Me and Pineapple both managed to get spots in the second row, because Ninja claimed the last spot in the first row. It barely took two minutes for the rest of the spots to fill up and the gate was blocked off. Master Ninja was stood watching us. He would be judging this episode.
"Welcome to See Saw! That's literally it. The entire round is just one big race from one see saw to the next. Most of the challenge comes from trying to pick the right side of the see saw to support. You could end up getting stuck and having to go back to choose a different path." Master Ninja explained.
"Shouldn't be too hard. Just follow me, the course never changes so I know the best path." I instructed Pineapple.
"Got it." Pineapple nodded.
"Oh, and if Ninja pushes either one of us, although unofficially, we are a team and we must support each other."
"Why is your name Rookie? You're not even close to being one!"
"Hehe! Thanks!"
We all did our final stretches before the race, and then Master Ninja began the countdown.
Master Ninja shouted, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1... GO!! And they're off!"
Me and Pineapple went to the left side of the first see saw, as everyone else was going on the right. Multiple Fall Guys fell and were sent back to the beginning.
"Don't jump! Just fall." I fell off the side of the see saw and onto the next.
And so we did again and again and again. We were about three quarters of the way through, and I guess Pineapple wanted to prove that he was cool too.
"You know, I have a skill too." Pineapple told me as we continued to run.
"What is it?" I asked.
"I know the name and skills of every Fall Guy in the competition. For example, those two that are chasing you are called Volts and Puppacino."
I ducked just as a blue Fall Guy with lilac lightening bolts on him who I assumed was Volts and a brown and mint green ice cream-patterned Fall Guy who was wearing a wolf hat who must be Puppacino missed me and fell over the edge of the see saw.
"They're a tag team. Volts distracts you whilst Puppacino takes you out from behind you. Except when one of them falls, then the other one can't attack." Pineapple exclaimed.
"That's really useful!" I smiled encouragingly, standing up and continuing to run.
We continued to cross two more of the see saws when I heard a shout come from behind me. I turned and saw that Ninja had pushed Pineapple off the edge and he was clinging on with all of his strength.
"Pineapple!" I shouted.
"Keep running!" Pineapple told me as Ninja ran to the end and gained first place.
"No! I won't leave you!"
I prayed that people would stay on the other side of the see saw so we wouldn't tip off and slowly hauled Pineapple back onto the platform. We ran down the final stretch and I placed 8th. Pineapple placed 9th. I'd given up a first place spot, yes, but the look on Ninja's face was priceless! And then I saw that I had worked out a route which would have gotten me first place. I didn't need to be a parkour master to win. I was clever and could work out correct paths in these games. Me and Pineapple... we could win!

To be continued...

And my Fall Guys story continues! I'm actually really enjoying writing it! Anyway, if you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote and follow me to check out my other stuff! Thanks and byeeeee! . .
V