Chapter 4: Fall Guys Live!

Me, Pineapple, Fairycorn and our new friend Prickles finished our dinner - which was very delicious - and went to my room in the hotel to chill. We were watching TV and Pineapple was teaching Prickles some card tricks when Fairycorn bought something to my attention.
"Shouldn't you be on the evening show, Rookie?" she asked.
The evening show is a talk show that is on the evening. It features the victors from other seasons and also the winner of the morning and afternoon show, so me and Twoo, appear as guests.
"Well, don't they normally call the two victors a hour before?" I replied, now worried.
"Well, I would have thought that they would have called you by now." Fairycorn sighed.
"Yeah." Pineapple added.
I shook my head, "I'm sure they'll call any-"
Ring ring! I grabbed the phone and put it to my ear, or where my ear would be, do Fall Guys have ears? Never mind.
"Who is this?" I asked.
"Oh, it's you." Ninja groaned on the other end of the phone.
"Ninja?!"
"Ninja?" Pineapple asked, dropping the cards. Prickles jumped.
"Well, yes. I am taking the calls of the victors today, so that'd be you, idiot." Ninja sighed.
"When will you be needing me?" I replied, "And by the way, you did really well today."
"You got lucky, I guess. We need you in an hour."
Ninja is still annoyed about me and Fairycorn beating him, then. Thinking about it, I'm not really surprised that he's taking the phone calls, he is Master Ninja's son after all.
"See you there, then." I hung up.
"Was he being entitled again?" Pineapple asked.
"When is he not?"
"I've never really seen him or spoken to him other than the time I pushed him off the edge in Hex-A-Gone." Fairycorn was trying to remember who Ninja was.
"He sounds mean." Prickles gulped, "And tough."
"He is, but he's not incredibly perceptive. Pushing him was like pushing a pencil if you can get it to stand up, or in Ninja's case catching him off-guard."
"Should I start getting ready?" I asked.
"Probably." Pineapple grabbed me and pulled me into a room to get me dressed.
We all got changed back into our outfits and by the time we were all done, there was only 40 minutes left until the evening show. We all left and ran towards a large arena near the apartments, where they host the evening show. People call it the evening show, but really the show is called Ultimate Knockout Live.
We entered a back room of sorts after showing some ID so they could identify us as contestants and me as a winner. When I entered, Ninja, Twoo, Puppacino, Volts and Ecto-Pirate were having a conversation. Basically, not good. Twoo was in Ninja's little clan now.
"Oh, look who it is." Volts sniggered.
"You fell off during Roll Out. You didn't even fall, you jumped off." Fairycorn shot back.
Volts blushed and stared at the floor. Puppacino randomly walked up to me.
"Nice job, bro." he shook my hand.
"Oh, uh, thanks!" I replied sheepishly.
"Don't NiCe JoB them! They're the baddies!" Volts snarled.
"We're the baddies to them." Puppacino looked at Volts.
Huh. I guess I never really expected Puppacino to be so chill. Probably because of the natures of their team, especially his partner Volts, who is so fiddly.
A bunch of security members ushered everyone who wasn't me and Twoo into the crowd, and that was the exact moment that Champ appeared.
Champ had won in the first season. Champ had so many good plays it's kinda impossible to name them all, but one that stands out is the time that he simply outplayed everyone in Fall Mountain by letting himself get hit by the spinning hammers. The competitiors were so far behind near the end, it seemed practically impossible. They even checked the footage to see if he cheated, but we all know he didn't. He really is my hero.
"I have your poster on my wall!" I blurted. I then blushed.
"Well, thank you for the support!" Champ smiled.
Qdtgghvcgnnojl he spoke to me! Although that was kind of embarrassing for me, it was also really epic!
"It's good to see you again, Twoo." Champ patted Twoo on the back.
"Yeah, yeah." she scoffed.
"Thank you for this opportunity, sir!" I squealed.
"I'm 25, I'm not expecting you to call me sir!" Champ laughed.
"Gotcha!"
"Well, us three should be coming on now, just step into the elevator."
"Where will Master Ninja and Twit be coming out?"
"The sides of the stage. You can see Master Ninja from here, look!"
Indeed, he was there. He walked onto the stage, and the three of us rushed into the elevator. The elevator opened and I heard the three of us bring introduced very quietly above us. The hatch opened and we were sent up.
The cheering of the crowd was wild! People were cheering for me on all sides, it was amazing! I snapped out of my daze and took a seat next to Master Ninja. The cheering stopped and the show started.
"How are you all, tonight?" Champ smiled and waved.
Most people said that they felt great apart from a couple people who said they were actually dinosaurs.
"Good, good. Let's all say hi to our two winners, then! On my left I have Twoo and on my right I have Rookie!" Champ cheered.
Everyone chanted my name. Twoo looked at me, annoyed that I was getting all the spotlight. I gulped. Champ turned to me to ask me a question.
"Did you know that people are calling you and your friends The Falling Stars?" Champ asked.
"We have a name?" I gasped.
"Well, now you do!"
Behind me a screen showed a wall of social media posts encouraging the Falling Stars. I don't know why, but something about it was so catchy. I smiled.
"And so do your enemies!" Champ looked at your screen again.
Ninja and his Knockout Heroes appeared on the screen. I don't know why, but something about the name made me think that Ninja had made it himself. That was the last particularly interesting part. The show went on and afterwards, I met Pineapple backstage.
"You were really good out there." Pineapple smiled.
"Where are the others?" I asked.
"They went back to their rooms."
"Why didn't you?"
"Because you're my best friend!"
"And?"
"I lost my room keys so can I bunk with you?"
"H-HOW DID YOU LOSE YOUR ROOM KEYS?!"
"I dunno."
"Fine! You can bunk with me."
"Yes!"
I slumped down. At the end of the hall, I saw Ninja's beady eyes staring into my soul. He scowled at me and then started towards me and Pineapple. Here we go again...

To be continued...

So many people have been supporting my story recently! Thanks to all of you, it really makes my day! If you enjoyed this chapter, vote and follow me to check out my other stuff! Thanks and byeeee! :))