Chapter 6: The Next Level

It had finally reached the time in which we'd be doing the balanced games. As normal, this will take place over three days, with six shows and also Fall Guys Live each evening. After this round, though, there will be twelve episodes and each Fall Guy will be playing three rounds each in order to get as many points, and then there will be one final game.
"I can do this." I looked at myself in the mirror, "I have to."
I took a deep breath and got dressed. I went to the lobby. I guess nobody else was ready yet, so I sat down at a sofa and pulled out an apple. I took a big bite. It was delicious! I half-finished my apple before Prickles arrived, stretching his limbs. I recognised his skin pattern and colour, but he wasn't wearing his costume. I then remembered that his show was tomorrow.
"Morning." he yawned.
"I'm so nervous!" I laughed nervously.
"Well, of course you are. If you don't perform well, you get out. But I doubt you will."
"Me and Pineapple and Fairycorn all have each other. We're a team."
"Teams can be split up."
I thought that Prickles was talking about himself, until I saw Volts walking out of the elevator, not in his costume and looking very annoyed, and Puppacino, who was wearing his costume. It appeared that Volts had not placed as well as the rest of us. That's one less problem to deal with.
"He placed in the middle like me." Prickles explained.
"Destroy him for me." I laughed, "If you can."
"Don't worry, I will."
Fairycorn appeared with Pineapple trudging sleepily along behind her. They were in their costumes, thankfully. I breathed a sigh of relief.
"So... tired..." Pineapple groaned.
"Have you had breakfast, Rookie?" Fairycorn asked me, ignoring him.
"Yes." I responded.
"We need to go then!"
"Uuh, OK!"
Fairycorn grabbed mine and Pineapple's arms (it seemed to be a wakeup call for Pineapple more than anything) and she dragged us to where we needed to be. I was excited! Today would be the second episode that I was going to star in! Hopefully, it'll involve minigames I haven't played yet!
I sat still near the area where the mini game would take place. So, threats... I heard that Lazar guy didn't place too well, so we're fine there. Then, Prickles. One less friend who I need to support, which may sound bad, but it's for the best. Oh, and Volts too, which I guess puts Puppacino out of the game. Not that he's out, he's just less of a problem. But I guess I'll avoid him too as a thanks for his good sportsmanship.
We arrived at the stadium to where the first round would take place. Unlike before, there were stands beside the running area, where the other competitors and citizens of Fall City could watch us. I could swear I saw Prickles waving at me. I waved back.
You know when I said I wanted to play a mini game I hadn't played before? Well... the minigame we were playing hadn't been played by anyone, ever! It was completely new! I was both excited and terrified at the same time. I mean, this stage was brand new! Isn't that so cool. But... those axes don't look too friendly. And also that means my memory skill is useless! I'm just like any other Fall Guy!
"Knight Fever is a new minigame me, Master Ninja and Champ thought we'd test on you pros!" Twit's voice giggled enthusiastically over the microphone.
"Knight Fever..." I repeated to myself quietly, so that it was almost impossible to hear me.
"Yes, we got it." Twit's sister Twoo mocked Twit beside me.
"Shh!" I put my hands to her face.
"Ah! Get off of me! Ninja, this one's as much of a pain as you said he was!"
Ninja pointed at me, "Ha-"
"I'd prefer it if you kill each other after the show ends?" Fairycorn mock glared at us, and I stifled a laugh.
"Good one." Pineapple bellowed.
We all went silent and Twit walked over to a glittery purple outfit that looked remarkably similar to Fairycorn's. She swooned beside me. Thank you, outfit, for helping me choose who I will help win.
"This episode has been sponsored by a company called TwinklTwinkl! They come from the capital of the Kingdom!" Twit mentioned.
Oh, I don't know why I haven't mentioned this before, but our city is part of a kingdom called Kitty Mao Mao Land. We're near the south-eastern corner. The capital is called Castle Kingdom. It's a very quaint looking place, full of bright colours and candyfloss clouds and all sorts of nice things! I have been there a few times, when my mother and father were able to buy train tickets. I want to go there again, at some point.
I thought I'd mention that because the creatures that were stood next to the TwinklTwinkl outfit were not Fall Guys, but humanoid dogs. Twit shook her head to snap out of her daze, although she probably just did that as a selling point. If Twit likes it, you should too! Or something like that.
"The winner of the episode will get this outfit for free! Just are that in mind. Anyway, get ready to get moving!" Twit shouted, "3, 2, 1... GOOOOO!"
I grabbed Pineapple and Fairycorn by their arms and yanked them forward. I had no idea what I was doing. I pulled them past the spinning axes and tried to avoid the holes.
"I can walk for myself, thanks!" a random Fall Guy with a purple sprinkle-pattern skin tone scowled at me, pulling her hand away.
"What are you doing?!" Fairycorn screeched at me.
She was grabbing onto a ledge, ducking her head every now and again to avoid the axes. Pineapple didn't know whether to go forward or not as I turned to help her up.
"What do I-" he started.
"GO!" I replied, barely avoiding an axe.
"But-"
"GO!!"
Pineapple shook his head and ran on ahead, passing the obstacle and hitting a checkpoint. Meanwhile, I was holding my hands out to grab Fairycorn. I leaned over the side, reaching out my hands still. I groaned as I stretched as far as I could.
"Grab me!" I strained.
"The axe!" Fairycorn pointed with the arm that wasn't grabbing the ledge.
"Wut?"
But it was too late. Whilst the axe didn't hit my body, it did abduct my shorts, and they were thrown at the purple Fall Guy from before and she fell with a piercing scream.
"HEY! I paid for those!" I shook my fist.
"I'll buy you new ones just SAVE ME!" Fairycorn snarled.
I pulled Fairycorn up and we both began to laugh uncomfortably. We began to run, but the running was short lived as we both were sent to the stratosphere with a swing of an axe. We both appeared at the beginning again with a quiet popping sound.
"Well that sucks." Fairycorn muttered, as if she was saying it entirely at me.
This time, I pushed Fairycorn to the other side until we both made it there. I smirked at her slightly.
"You're welcome." I teased.
"Don't." she put it simply.
The next part of the obstacle course was a spinning log, with soft-play like spikes stuck to them. Many Fall Guys fell off and blocked my path when they respawned with similar pops to mine and Fairycorn's. It was quite annoying.
My first attempt was a fail. I fell pretty quickly. My second attempt went slightly better, but I was caught off guard by the second log, which I was not expecting to be there. And then, to my horror, there was cheer.
"And the first Fall Guy has beaten the stage! It's... oh, it's just Twoo." Twit's tone changed suddenly.
But she still beat the level, meaning I had to keep going. After one more attempt, I beat the part with the logs. Fairycorn and Pineapple both respawned beside me. Sweat was gleaming on Fairycorn's white complexion. Or was it sweat? It wasn't! It was pink jelly, which I hopped in with Pineapple and then slid down past some more axes and into an area with a large, spiked, swinging log that resembled the one from earlier, actually. Fortunately, I was able to avoid all of the swipes, with me and Pineapple and Fairycorn still being fine.
There was only one part left. It was a drawbridge that opened and closed, which we had to jump across. Unsurprisingly, it wasn't much of a problem. We all ran across the finish lines, just a few seconds before the game ended.
"You know... that was more... exhausting... than I thought it'd be." Pineapple gulped. He looked like he wanted to remove his costume and go to sleep on the toasty ground.
"I'm actually quite tired too!" I laughed awkwardly.
"But we do need to head to the next minigame." Fairycorn announced.
And we did, actually. So we all turned around and made our way there.

To be continued...

I've not really been writing a whole lot, but this one's 1500 words! Thanks all for being patient! Thanks for reading and bye!