ONE

I just had one mantra, which I followed diligently, 'make everyone happy, so they don't know how you're really feeling'. Obviously this wasn't the kind of mantra I threw around telling people. No. This was my own secret, and no one was going to make me spill it.

Triiiing!  I sighed as I threw the very annoying alarm clock across my room which hit the window, yet still persuaded its work, being a very annoying alarm clock. After some grumbling, banging heads on pillows, and a shout from my mother, I woke up and properly shut the alarm. Thus started mine, Will Solace's, day.

'Will! First day of a new school champ. How you feeling?' My dad's head popped in from my door, grinning. 

'I'm excited, though I would show a bit more of that when I am actually awake' 

Laughing, dad went down to our kitchen, most probably making breakfast, or pestering my mom with kisses while she tries to make breakfast. Some laughs and friendly anger told me it was the latter.

Smiling, I went in my bathroom, went in front of the mirror, and tried fixing my messy bedhead.  Then I started brushing my teeth, after playing a song on my phone. That's when the realization hit me. I was going to a new school, starting today! A mixture of excitement and horror went through my face, and I went down to get some breakfast.

------------------------------

'I made pancakes!' Dad said as he tried to balance 3 plates on his hands, while also trying to pose in an I assumed elegant manner. 

'No, I made pancakes and you ate one of them already' My mom laughed and shaked her head.

'Atleast there are pancakes, no matter who made them. And I'm hungry so gimme.' I said and sat down on the counter with a fork in my hand and a tongue dangling from my mouth. 

'So, first day, what are you expecting?' Mrs Solace asked as she also started eating those fluffly golden pancakes. 

'Honestly? I'm excited, but then again also scared, but then again again I get to meet some new people.'

'That's a lot of feelings buddy, you sure they all are separated in different columns?' My dad ruffled my hair and put on a mock concerned face.

'DAAD! I just tried fixing it. Do not mess my hair again.'

'Okay mister! I need to head out for work now. All the best Will. Bye sweetie!' He said while kissing my mother on the cheek and headed out the door. 

My family didn't move a lot, but more than an average family. My dad was Apollo, a renowned doctor and so he was asked for in a lot of states, but he decided to settle down for once so that I could get my education not in pieces, but in a good flow. It was a good idea, and so here we were, in New York city. 

'You should get ready too darling. Don't wanna be late. I'll drive you.' Naomi, my mom, said as she left the kitchen. 

I finally had the time to daydream about my new school. Will I make good friends? Will I get good grades? Most importantly, will I dissapoint people?

-------------------- 

A/N

Hi! This is my first ever fanfic, and I thought what better way to start than to write about the most sweetest couple ever? I would really like some healthy criticism, so that I can improve. I'll try updating once a week or something like that, but I'm not the most time-orientated person out there, so bare (is that the correct word?) with me. Thanks for reading!