FOUR

Turns out, the blue-haired person was Lou, but I still wasn't clear where she was taking me. So, in between breaths from being dragged around by a person, I asked, "Where are we going exactly?"

"Hush Will"

Hush is what I did. We arrived in front of a small cafe that looked quite cozy, but it obviously wasn't the place where you could have lunch. 

"Hey, Lou? I appreciate the gesture but a cafe isn't going to satisfy my hunger needs."

"I know that dumbo. We're here so that I can get some money from my mom, who works as a waitress here by the way, and then meet Lee at a restaurant 1 block away from here."

Well, that makes sense. She could've said this before. Lou went inside and went in through the back door. I'm guessing she did this a lot because no employee tried to stop her. Inside I saw a woman who looked a lot like Lou. She hugged her daughter and then gave her some money. 

"Thanks, mom!" Lou called out as she took my hand yet again and dragged me to the restaurant.

"There has got to be another way for us to go to places," I muttered while nursing my wrist. She chose to not hear this comment and pushed the doors opening the restaurant. I could see some students I saw at the school and realized this must be a famous place to hang during lunch. 

"Ah, there he is. C'mon blondie, you're gonna meet Lee." 

Lee though didn't seem to notice us. His eyes were closed as he bobbed his head along with the music blaring out of his headphones.  

"Hiya Lee, I found a new human in need of our spectacular friendliness," Lou told Lee while grabbing a chair. I missed this comment because I was looking at a more confusing matter. Those two almost looked exactly the same! 

"Are you guys... Twins?" I asked.

"Nope! We're triplets!" I swear I jumped up a few inches when a voice directly behind me spoke. Turning around, I saw another boy, much like Lee, but he had brown hair whereas Lee had blonde, like me. 

"ya know, a little heads-up would've been nice," I muttered as I took a chair to sit with the 3, who all had mischievous grins. Creepy. 

"Sorry man. I'm Austin, the third triplet of the Ellen's. And you look like a new kid."

"Got that right. I'm Will Solace."

"So you guys kissed yet?" 

WHAT?

"WHat the fuck lil' bro? Why would I kiss him?" Lou retorted. 

"Ouch."

"Sorry Will, but seriously where did you get that idea Austin?"

"I don't know. Seemed like your type." Austin shrugged.

After that, the conversation started going pretty smoothly. Those 3 were super fun. And when joined by a pair of twins who were Travis and Conner Stoll, they were known as the Olympus High's pranksters. I also did notice Lee's overuse of Conner's name, and also didn't fail to notice Lou's ears going slightly pink every time. Huh. My matchmaker skills might come in handy here.

After lunch, we went back and were greeted by a large crowd surrounding Lou and mine's locker. We tried getting a closer look, but when we couldn't, started asking the people around what was happening. One of the girls told us that some boys, who were most probably jealous because of all the attention he got, started calling Nico a fag and a whore and Nico lost his temper and punched him. And that's when the fistfight began. She had an aura which actually screamed that she thought she was better than everyone else.

I tried asking her why no one was reporting this to the teachers, but she had clearly decided to stop talking and continued recording the fight. I started not liking her already. 

"Why isn't anyone trying to stop them?" I asked Lou, the only person who would bother listening to me at this point.

"It's no use. Nico here is famous for his fistfights, and the teachers, knowing that they can't do anything else, have started ignoring them."

"And why are they calling him a fag?"

"That even I don't know. Until today morning, I thought he was straight too, but with his flirting with you," I turned pink at this, "and those boys' jealousy because all the girls seem to swoon at him, they must have thought THAT was the appropriate thing to call him. I hate these kinda people."

"Amen."

Soon, the guys seem to realize that Nico could take them on anytime and left, but only after calling him a few words, I would not dream of writing here. Nico stood up, and with a harsh expression looked around, trying to see if anyone would dare challenge him. No one did.

Suddenly, his eyes met mine, and he looked softer, and full of... guilt? Like he didn't want me to watch the fight. But something else clouded this thought, he looked terrible. Well no, I doubt Nico could ever look terrible what with his leather jacket, his adorable eyes, how his long hair was flying right now, and his angelic face and SHUT UP SOLACE. 

No, he looked terrible because his nose was bleeding, he had many cuts all over his hands, and his eye looked swollen. He kept his gaze on me for a few more seconds and started going towards the exit. Everyone parted like the sea parted for Moses.

I didn't think after that, I just ran after him.

------------------------------

A/N

hey! hope you're enjoying this so far! It might seem a bit blunt rn but it will get exciting sooner. I just needed to give out a bit of a base, if that makes any sense. Thanks for reading!