20

"B-but how?" Jennie mumbled. She was sure it was Chaeyoung that was standing in front of her. She wasn't that drunk not to recognize faces. Although the women's hair was different compared to how Jennie used to remember it. The Chaeyoung she used to know was brunette but the one she was seeing now had blonde hair, but still, it suited her the different hair color.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" The woman asked in confusion.

Jennie brought her hand to hold the woman's hand.

"Oh my god, you're real." Jennie said, her voice breaking and her eyes building up tears. "But how are you alive? You died in my arms and—"

"I think you're talking to the wrong person, I'm sorry." The woman said and withdrew her hands from Jennie's grip. "I hope you're okay though." The woman sympathetically smiled and made her way through the crowd.

Jennie was about to follow the woman but she heard her phone ring in her purse. She took it out and she saw the caller ID, making her groan and she then answered the call.

"What?" Jennie said in annoyance.

"Jennie, where are you? You shouldn't go out alone, it's dangerous!" Lisa said on the other line with a worried tone. "And what is that loud sound I'm hearing?"

"Go bother someone else. I've heard enough from you. I can take care of myself, you've got Bambam anyway." Jennie said and hung up the call, not bothering to even hear what Lisa had to say.

Jennie returned her phone in her purse and she was a bit disappointed that the familiar woman was already gone in her sight. She continued to search the whole bar to see the familiar face again even if it seemed impossible to find someone in a crowded place. She couldn't use her sharp hearing ability since the music was too loud and the crowd wasn't helping her focus as well.

Frustrated, she heavily sighed and made her way through the loud crowd to go back to order some drinks. Maybe what the stranger said was right, maybe she was just mistaking her for the wrong person. How could she be so stupid, she had never felt this embarrassed for a long time.

"Can I buy you a drink?" Jennie turned to the man on her side with a smug smile.

"You again?" She told Kai as she scoffed. "Leave me alone, I can pay for my own drink. I can even buy this whole place and I bet you can't and won't top that." Jennie retorted and chugged her drink.

"I don't care about your riches, I can give you something more and I know you'll like it." Kai smirked and leaned closer to Jennie but the latter pulled herself away from him.

"Oh please, I don't want anything from you." Jennie rolled her eyes and was about to walk away but Kai held her by the wrist. "Let go."

"I'm afraid I can't." Kai said.

"You won't like what will happen next if you won't let go of me."

"What, you've got a boyfriend or something? I don't see him anywhere though." Kai arrogantly said with a smirk.

Jennie knitted her brow and pulled her wrist effortlessly despite Kai's tight grip causing him to fall on his face and the latter cried in pain.

"I told you you wouldn't like it." Jennie said and turned her heels to walk away but Kai still managed to grab her ankle, preventing her to walk away. "God, how desperate can you be?" Jennie said, her tone starting to rise in annoyance.

Kai got back up on his feet and went back to holding Jennie's wrist.

"Can't you be a little generous here?" Kai said, his face getting scrunched up.