shot 34

Janani walked in and locked her bedroom door after checking in on Ava and Advi.

They are inseparable nowadays. Advi simply wouldn't fall asleep in his baby cot. He needs to be cuddled against his sister at night, though he creates a ruckus in the morning if Janani weren't the first thing he sees when he opens his eyes.

She slipped of her footwear and crawled into the bed. Sleep was far away.

How could she fall asleep after getting such a marriage proposal

So, how did she really feel about Armaan??

Did she want him for the right reasons? Shouldn't Ava and Advi be her driving motivation? Is it selfish of her to think less about the kids and more about becoming Armaan's wife? Why couldn't she think about anything but Armaan? Was she infatuated with him?

Could she happily settle for respect and consideration and fidelity?

Armaan did say Love would grow?? Will it?? He had shied away from any sort of commitment all his life. Will he be able to love her?? And what if he falls in love with someone else. Will she be able to bear that??

Vikram who professed to love her had eventually fell out of love with her and had fallen for her twin.Armaan doesn't even love her ,so how can she take a leap of faith where he is concerned??

She prayed hard to God to show her some sign

****

Next day - After dinner

Janani had tucked in the kids for the night and was going to the kitchen to clear it after the dinner when she heard her phone ringing

She saw the caller ID and saw it was her mother

"Haa maa!!"

"Janani?? Had your dinner??"

"Yes maa....did you and papa have your dinner??"

"Yes. Papa had gone to bed. How is Ava and Advi"

"They are good. Both of them are sleeping now"

"So?? Anything new happening there??" Her mother asked and Janani for a moment thought she got wind of Armaan's proposal

"What is it that you want to talk about Maa??" Janani asked and heard her mother sighing

"When are you coming back Janani??" Sharadha asked

"I might come to visit this weekend Maa...I too miss you" Janani smiled into the phone

"I'm not talking about a weekend visit Janani. I'm asking you when are you coming back for good?? Vikram dropped by this evening. He seemed very anxious about your return Janani. I know you love the children. But they are not yours Janani. How long will you stay there taking care of the children."

"How can I leave the kids and come Maa..??"

"You are twenty four. We want you to get married and settled. And people will start talking if they come to know that you are staying there with two young men. You know how the society is Janani."

"I simply can't drop the kids and come home Maa. I love them" Janani said

"The longer you stay the harder you are making it to move on. Not only for you ,but also for the kids. I'm not asking you to forget them entirely. You can always visit them after marriage too."

"I thought you would understand Maa...You loved me even if you didn't give birth to me. And yet you think I have to give them up because I didn't give birth to them??" Janani asked and Sharadha gasped