Skinny Love

"Al?" George whispers into the darkness. "Are you awake?"
"Yeah George?" He sits up in his bed.
"I don't think I can do this anymore.." he breathes, tugging at a loose thread on his t-shirt.

"Wh- what do you mean?" Alex fumbles around a bit before flicking the bedside light on.
"This. I can't do it." He feels the heat rising in his cheeks.
Alex frowns, now making direct eye contact.
"This isn't how friends are supposed to act." George continues. "Friends don't flirt with each other, friends don't kiss each other and friends definitely, don't sleep together."
Alex doesn't move, drinking it all in, his brain flooding with thoughts.

He's in love with George, he has been since the day they met.
He can still remember it vividly, the shy smile that George was wearing after he'd introduced himself, his scarlet red face after he'd bumped into him and the stutter in his apology that followed, of which Alex had found overly cute.

They clicked instantly and were moving in together not long after.
He can't lose him now and he doesn't want things to be awkward.
He's been through some rough things over the years but this, losing the one person who knew him better than anyone else, the person who he trusted with everything whether that be his 3am thoughts or 9pm queries, the one person who understood him better than he understood himself and the person who listened to him more than anyone else could be bothered. The one person who he could never get tired of seeing, of pleasing, of loving..yeah he doesn't know if he can handle that.

Tears start to brim in the corner of Alex's eyes and he turns off the light again as his shadow fades into the darkness.
He starts to wish everything would just go back to how it was before. This is all his fault, he's messed everything up.
Why did he ever decide to make a move at Josh's party? And after the first time, why had he let it happen again? And why, last night, had he asked George to keep him company? Because if he hadn't, none of this would ever have happened.

"Alex say something..please." George bites his lip.
Alex stumbles around hopelessly in the pitch black bedroom.
"I just wish..you'd said something before we did things tonight." His head falls into his hands and he tries to process his manic thoughts.

"You're right, I..I'm a terrible person!" George jumps up. "I'm a terrible person and I've messed everything up between us." He sucks in a breath.
"I allowed it to get this far all because I let my feelings get in the way. Alex I'm so sorry." He stumbles. "It's selfish-I know but I couldn't resist, when you kissed me at Josh's party, I knew you didn't feel the same way, I knew it was all platonic but I couldn't help it because I like you and now I've ruined everyt-"

"Shut up." Alex interrupts.
"Sorry I-"
"God you really don't listen do you." He rolls his eyes, leaning in for the second time tonight.
"Alex what're you do-" George's lips meet his and he melts into the kiss, eyes wandering all over the place.
It was soft and passionate, the opposite of the drunken one they'd previously shared.
This one was proper, full of lust and emotion. It was everything Alex had wanted to say but couldn't quite form with his words.

Alex's lips were soft and warm, the taste of vodka and cranberry juice lingering among the pair.
The moment proceeds to grow more and more heated, Alex rearing weak as George flips the bedsheet over and the duo reconnect underneath. Hands touching hands, eyes holding gaze as they draw patterns over each other's skin.

George's fingers tingle against Alex's skin, slowly hedging their way down to his stomach and stopping once they reach the waistline of his boxers.

George pulls him close, Alex sinking into the touch as he starts to trail purple marks all the way down his neck.

Once he's content, George makes his way to his jawline, a row of multiple soon littering the way between his ear and mouth.
He makes them as visible as possible so that both of them will remember this for nights to come.

"George." Alex gasps, incredibly flustered. George feels his face flush, the sound of the other boy moaning his name ringing through him.
A shiver cascades up his spine as his breath gets heavier and Alex begins to pant under his grasp.
He smiles, eyes glistening with affection for the boy below him.

...

"Woah." Is all Alex can muster up once they're finished.
Both boys lay under the duvet, Alex comfy in George's lap.

"Woah." George nods, gently running his hands through Alex's hair.
"Not too bad for your first time." Alex counters, gaining a laugh in response.
"Shut up!" He smiles.
"Hey-I'm not the one who's into younger men." Alex raises his hands in defence.
"You're twenty-one and and I'm twenty-two, shut the f**k up!" George giggles.
"Still..pretty noncey if you ask me."
"Good job I wasn't asking you then." He smarts.
"Fine. Guess I'll go find a new roommate then."
George pouts and Alex takes it as an opportunity to kiss him again.

"So, I'm guessing this means you feel the same way?" George chuckles.
"Ew no, you?" Alex makes a gagging sound and now it's George's turn to roll his eyes.
"Not what you were saying earlier." He smirks and Alex pokes his side, gaining a laugh from the ticklish brunette.

Alex stares at him for a while afterwards, George stirring in embarrassment.
"You're so beautiful." Alex remarks.
"Shush." George flushes bright red, burying his face in Alex's chest.
"I love you." Alex kisses his forehead.
"I love you too." George grins, continuing to play with his hair.
"I have done..for a very long time."
Alex's heart flutters at this, it's all he's ever wanted to hear.

And with that, the two fall into a deep slumber, both with massive grins plastered across their faces.
George's arms are wrapped securely around his waist and Alex laces their fingers together.
Their legs are intertwined and both boys had never felt so at peace as they did in this moment.