Oblivion

"Hey." George grins as he enters the room.
"Hi." Alex smiles at him from his spot on the couch.
"What film is that?" He wanders over to the kitchen.
"Star Wars."
"God you're such a geek." George jokes, placing two beers on the table in front of them.
"A cool geek." Alex hums. "Join me."
George rolls his eyes, "Fine but only because you agreed to be in my next Reddit video."
"Wait..when did I agree to that?" Alex sits up.
"Well you have now." George giggles.
"Apparently so." He shakes his head, "are you hungry?"
"I could eat." He smiles.
"Get my card off the kitchen counter, order whatever."
"You don't mind?"
"If you're happy, I'm happy." Alex grins, going back to staring at the screen in front of him.

George can't help but cast his eyes over him. He's gorgeous.
From the way a slight tan lines his features, the gold glow capturing the essence of his bright pink lips, to how his wavy, chestnut hair flops to the side, drawing attention to his cobalt blue eyes.

The scent of caramel loiters over him, a smell George finds rather comforting.
His eyes trail down the figure, admiring his frame as a radiant tint covers his cheeks.

He's quickly snapped from his trance by Alex clicking his fingers in front of his face.
"George?" He questions.
"Uh- yes-I." He jumps at the realisation, words playing on his tongue.
"Are you okay?" Alex raises an eyebrow.
"Yeah, fine. Why?"
"Well, you're kind of staring at me." He blushes  again, causing George to do the same.
"Oh-um-sorry..do you want a drink?"
"No thank you. I'm fine with the one you just got me.." Alex chuckles awkwardly, his eyes scanning George's.
"You sure you're okay?"
"Fine-yes. Shall we invite the others over?"
Alex is baffled by the sudden subject change,
"Um sure..isn't it a bit late though?"
George looks at the clock, 'quarter to nine'.
"What are we? OAPs?" He responds defensively.
While confused at his distinct shift in behaviour, Alex concurs nonetheless.

He's just dozing off when he hears a knock at the door. He completely forgot about food.

George gets up to answer it, thanking the man as he waltzes back in with two Dominoes pizza's and a tray of garlic bites.

"Gosh this looks good." Alex grins as he brings it over, "thank you mate."

George just nods, he isn't feeling too hungry anymore, a sullen feeling of nausea building in the pit of his stomach.

Both boys eat their pizza in silence as the movie comes to an end.
Before long they hear the doorbell go and George carries the empty boxes to the kitchen.

He hurries to the door in relief, worried that if he spends any longer in the presence of only Alex, he'll say something he regrets and ruin everything.

"Hi mate." George gestures James into the apartment.
"Hi George." He smiles, walking in.
"Hi Alex." James nods, joining him on the sofa.

"Ooh are you watching Star Wars?"
"Was, it just finished."
"Ah shame."
"Much to George's relief..he hates it." Alex chuckles.
"You can always move in with me." he laughs, "I love Star Wars."

Even though George is aware that it's a joke, a pang of jealousy sears through him, something he's never felt before.

It's strange and unsettling. Why is he feeling this way about his best friend?

"As much as I'd love to." Alex replies, "George needs me."
"Needs you?" George taunts. "Nah go, I can fend for myself."
Alex let's out a small whine and George shuffles in beside him on the sofa.

Soon enough Will arrives alongside Mia and a few others.
Alex and Will immediately start up the FIFA and before long they're engrossed in it.

Fraser's won the last few rounds and Josh is currently playing Will.