Nightmares - Oikawa

Iwa~Chan! 

I set the ball up for Iwa~Chan who was running in for a spike.  The other team was leading 23-20 in the third set.  The first two sets had been long and exhausting. Iwaizumi's spike got shut down again.

Urghh!

And we really needed that point! I faced Iwa. His teeth were gritted and eyebrows furrowed. Then I turned to the rest of them.. They were all panting, sweating all with the same devastating look in their eyes.

24-20! The judge announce.

Shit, urghh! This is not good! Our team were barely able to take the first set and we struggled to even out the score in the second! The team moral is dropping drastically.

I had tried every tactic we knew and even some new ones, but none seemed to work. No matter to who or how I set the ball these tall looming walls would always be there to kill. That or the spikes were received. I had even tried to lump in some setter dumps. It had worked for the start of the third match, but now..... Even those were received.

The Spikers kept being shut down. Kunimi had been blocked at least 8 times and Iwa 5. Not only that but our Libero were having difficulties with saving the spikes from their ace. Each point the other team gained pushed us deeper down the ditch.

I gripped at my hair in frustration. Their number 6 served. We received it! I ran to close the distance with the ball.

Then I fell. The feeling of the hard merciless floor against my skin hit me.

Oikawa~San!?

The coach, my teammates..... Iwa they all ran to me. The ball bounced off the floor right in front of me in a mocking matter. The whistle blew, signaling that the game was over.

We...... we lost....

———————————————————————————

Then I was in a office. A nurses office. Sorry to tell you this, but Oikawa~San you can no longer be playing volleyball........ My teammates burst through the door.

-Seriously?!
-We we couldn't win the match because of you and now you're telling me you can't play volleyball?!!
-Useless!
-It's all your fault trashykawa!!!!
-If you had just practiced more we would've won!
-You're a horrible captain! We'll never make it to nationals because of you!!!

———————————————————————————

Ughhh... Gahhhhh!?

*shuffle* *Running steps*

"Oikawa?  Hey... wake up..... Oikawa!"

"Mmmm ... huh?"

~ ~
Oikawa's brown eyes shot open meeting a couple of concerned e/c orbs.  He found himself laying in your lap.. You were hugging him tight to your chest.

"Oh thank Asahi your awake" You let out a sigh of relief.

"Where you having a nightmare or something?"

You asked worried as your fingers traced his cheeks gently, wiping away the tears from his eyes. Oikawa swallowed before answering..

"Y-yeah...... Just a b-bad dream"

"Shhhh it's okay now... I'm here, It was just a nightmare" You soothes running your fingers through his brown locks.

"Thank you1 Y/N"  He said as he wrapped his arms around you and cuddled up to your stomach.

"You're welcome" You said as you placed a tender kiss against his forehead.

A/n: Yo~hooo! I just wanted to thank you for 600 reads! Have a good night/day! 😆