The Call

I looked down at his contact name.

❤️~Aaron~❤️

     I sighed as I slid my back down the wall so I was sitting on the floor with my back against the door. 

     Let's do this.

     I clicked on his contact and called him. Within a few seconds he answered.

     "Hey, Aphmau." He began the conversation.

     "H-Hey, Aaron. How are you?" I smiled.

     "I'm doing a lot better now that I'm talking to you." I could hear his voice had some joy in it. 

     "Aww, Aaron..." I giggled.

     "I'm doing great, Aph. How are you?" He said.

     "I'm doing really well. I was wondering, Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan wanted to watch a movie tonight and I was wondering if you could join us," I said, hoping my anxiety wouldn't show in my voice.

     "I'd love to. When should I be there?" He asked. A wave of relief swept over me.

     "Would eight work?" I offered.

     "Sure, I cannot wait to see you... I will- Uh- see you in a bit," Aaron said.

     "Alright, see ya!" I smiled and he hung up. I put my phone on the floor. Tears filled my eyes.

     Why am I crying? I have no reason to be crying... Is it the stress. What if he doesn't love me? What if I try to hard and look stupid? 

     I looked over at my closet. I stood up and walked over to it. I had one of his hoodies hanging up. I slid off my shirt and put his hoodie on. I zipped it up and sighed in relief. My phone rang. I looked down. Aaron was calling again. I wiped my tears and answered.

     "H-Hello," I said briefly. Hopefully he won't be able to hear that I was crying.

     "Hey, Aph. Actually, I know it's only six but I'm kinda at your door. I just felt like I needed to see you for a little bit before I come back to his house.

     "W-What?" I asked.

     "Something was telling me to come see you. So I'm kinda here... And I was hoping to at least see you for a bit before I let you get ready for tonight," He sounded hopeful. 

     "I'm coming," I said.

     "Ok, see you in a second," He said. I nodded and hung up. I ran downstairs. I stood at the door when it hit me.

     I have clearly been crying and I was wearing his hoodie... This doesn't look... Weird... 

     I sighed and opened it.

     "Aaron..." I smiled. He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up. I blushed. 

     "Aph, you look... like a mess." He chuckled. I giggled.

     "Thanks, Aaron. Wanna come up to my room?" I asked. He nodded. I grabbed his hand and we went upstairs. I plopped down on my bed. He laughed and sat next to me.

     "This is kinda a mess." He laughed. I looked at my room. My bed was unmade, I had clothes everywhere, and stuff was just everywhere. It's normal for some people but for me it was very odd.

     "Y-Yeah." I looked down. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close.

     "What's wrong?" He asked, his soft voice melting away my worries.

     "I'm ok," I said briefly. He looked at me for a few seconds before I dove into his arms crying. 

     "Aph." He ran his hands through my hair. I cried. 

     Is this really all because of worry? It has to be more... 

     "What's wrong? Don't lie to me," He said gently.

     "It's just a lot, I think. Just girl things... and some other things..." I sighed.

     "Like what?" He paused in thought. "Who did this to you?"

     "What?" I asked.

     "Who hurt you?" He looked concerned.

     ...You did... Or I did... I don't even know...

     "No one. I'm ok. I just need to be alone..." I moved out of his arms. 

     "Are you sure?" He asked. I looked at the time. It was six-thirty. 

     "Yes, you can go home. I'll be ok." I wipe my tears. He caressed my cheek and pulled me close to his face. 

     "Will you be ok? Be honest with me." I felt his sharp breaths against my face. 

     "I'll be fine. I'll see you in another hour and a half." 

     I can't express how badly I want to kiss him. 

     "Alright, I'm always here for you." He brushed my cheek with his thumb. I smiled.

     "Thank you." I hugged him. He got up and left. 

     Now to get ready.