Ch 4: Man Hunt

I'm sad to say this but you probably won't be seeing Fenton for the next two chapters sorry but there's a reason behind that :3

also I HAVE NO IDEA HOW POLICE THINGS WORK seriously tho im making all of this up. i tried doing research but i couldn't find much

This chapter is kinda long btw sorry

╒════════∘◦❁◦∘════════╕

The past is not what it seems...

╘════════∘◦❁◦∘════════╛

"I'm so excited! This is like the first case in forever that we've been able to work together on!" Cora exclaimed driving, eyes glued on the road in front of her.

"Yeah, it does feel good to get out on the field again. Sitting behind a desk doing all that paperwork sucked and it was stressful." you said scrolling through your phone, "It's funny I decided to become chief thinking I would work in the field more, but it turned out quite the opposite."

"That's life sometimes, but that's why we have each other!" Cora responded enthusiastic as always.

  Silence fell of the two of you. Finally Cora broke the silence, "You wanna know what I think you need, (y/n)?"

"What do I need?" you asked not looking up from your phone.

"A boyfriend." she answered.

"Ew, no. I don't need a boyfriend Cora I told you this at Starducks. My life is stressful enough I simply don't have the time to go on dates and whatnot." you explained.

"UGHHHHHH (y/n)! You don't understand! Having a boyfriend is amazing! Just look at me and Josh, we a perfect couple built on love, hope, and..." Cora looked around thinking of something, "love? Wait no, I already said that."

You rolled your eyes, "And your point is?"

"My point is..." all of a sudden Cora's phone vibrated.

Cora reached to pick it up but you picked it up instead and said, "Keep you eyes on the road. The last thing I need is another police car blowing up."

"Fine, at least can you see who texted me then?"

You nodded and checked. "It's from Josh."

Cora's face lit up, "What does it say?!"

"It says... 'Hey babe can't wait for tonight, im thinking about you and that fine a... ' "

"STOP!!!!!" Cora yelled.

"OOoooOOoo looks like someone's gonna have an eventful night tonight!" you sneered nudging your best friend. Cora's face turned red as she sunk in her seat, "Are you the top or bottom?"

"Shut up."

You laughed, "Oh this is priceless, I'm screenshoting this and sending it to me."

"NO give me back my phone!" Cora exclaimed reaching for her phone with one hand and steering with the other.

"Too late already sent it." you said, smirking, "and just so you know, that was payback for posting that pic on FaceDuck."