Ch 5: The Other Side

once i get this chapter out im probably not gonna update as much i just really wanted to get to this chapter before school starts

ignore the animatic when u come to the song. I just needed the shorter version of the song lol.

Welp, on to my crappy writing!

╭───────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────────╮

"Fine, I'll join you..."

╰───────≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫────────╯

Well, as if the day could've gotten any worse, it did. Office Turner was taken to the emergency room, Cora just kinda had to deal with the pepper spray, and the body of Daniel was taken to the morgue. Fun times, right?

You were driving the car back to headquarters, since Cora could barely see two feet in front her.

"Ya know, after a while the stinging kinda goes away." Cora said rubbing her eyes. The second she did the pain came back, "AHHHH WAIT NEVER MIND!"

You stayed silent, consumed in your own thoughts. The more you thought about it the more it confused you. What had Daniel meant by 'you're past is not what it seems' ? Was he talking about your parents? But the case was closed years ago, Jormundur was put in jail with charges for murder and attempted kidnapping. Sounds like a cased, closed....

Wait, no. How could you have been so blind? Why had Jomundur killed your parents? Had the police back then even bothered to look into that? Or did they but never told you? When the case had been investigated you were five. You were a young girl who had watched her parents die in front of her. You had been scarred. So of course the police wouldn't have told you then, but now? Well, they would have no choice now. You were the one in charge.

"Uh (y/n)? You okay?" asked Cora.

You blinked being pulled out of your busy thoughts, "Yeah, I'm okay."

Cora would've raised an eyebrow if her eyes didn't sting so much, "Are you sure? You seemed pretty shaken after that whole ordeal. What did that guy say to you?"

"He said... stuff." you said.

"What kind of stuff?" Cora urged.

You sighed, "I don't know. It all happened so fast, he said things about my past and that it wasn't what it seems or whatever."

"You mean like stuff about your parents?" she asked.

"Maybe? I don't know. He said I needed to speak with Jormundur, he's the key or something." you answered.

"Wait, isn't that the guy who killed your parents?"

"Yep."

Cora fell silent. An awkward moment of quiet went by before Cora finally spoke, asking, "Are you gonna do it?"

"Do what?" you asked confused.

"Are you gonna talk to Jormundur?" Cora clarified.

You fell silent. The question bothered you. You hadn't seen that murder in almost 18 years and now you wanna talk with him? If you had the choice you most defiantly wouldn't talk to him, but if he was the key to the Hamada Case... "I guess I have to. When I became the chief I took an oath saying I would protect the city, and I'm not planning on breaking that oath anytime soon."

Time Skip to the Interrogation Room:

So, instead of going back to headquarters, you decided to face your fears right away and confront Jormundur. Who was currently serving his lifetime sentence in prison.