24: SLUMBER

MINGYU's POV

It's been 3 months since that day happened. 3 months since I last saw her smile. 3 months I last heard her melodic laugh. 3 months since the last time I held her in my arms.

"Babe, it's been 3 months already. How have you been?" I asked softly as the room was covered with deafening silence, not only for the machines beeping from time to time.

"You've been sleeping longer than you should've, baby. And the kids are waiting for you. They want to meet their Mommy already. So baby, wake up for me please? Wake up for us?" My voice cracked it between as I held her cold hand.

It was 3 months when I almost lost her. 3 months since Savannah Dannielle almost chose to leave all of us.

"Doc, the patient's not responding anymore." We all heard one nurse said before the delivery room's door completely closed. Together with Joohyun losing her consciousness, I found myself again on the cold hard floor.

"N-no. No p-lease no! God  please not now. No!!!"

I screamed as my brothers surrounded me, saying encouraging words as they cry, but I can't understand any of it. No I can't and will never understand it.

She won't leave me. She promised. She will never leave. She will never leave me alone. She can't. Not now.

I was crying my heart out, my vision blurred, my head hurts and my chest tightening, making it all hard to breathe and stay awake, when arms pulled me up and led me inside the delivery room.

"N-no. L-let me out. N-no please, H-hyung. I c-can't." I said in between my sobs as Seungcheol Hyung and Jisoo Hyung held me on my arms.

"Stay. W-watch your woman fight. Watch her. See how brave and courageous she is, because brother, this might be the last time."

Last time. Last time. Last time.

Those words kept echoing inside my head as I watch how Jeonghan Hyung tried reviving her with a shock machine as nurses hurriedly move back and fourth saying words I can't even comprehend.

My eyes moved from her body to the monitor, showing how the curve lines slowly straightening.

"The twins are moved to the nursery. They're healthy and beautiful. Dani did a good job in taking care of them." Joshua Hyung whispered.

Yeah, she did great. But she forgot herself too.

"Bring the shock to the highest level, NOW!" Jeonghan Hyung's voice boomed inside the room

"Jeonghan no!" Jisoo Hyung protested. Making Jeonghan Hyung turn to us, to me specifically.

"Kim Mingyu, do you trust me?" He asked.

"Jeonghan you're gonna kill her!!" Jisoo Hyung voice rose.

"Do you trust me?" Jeonghan Hyung asked again, eyes directly staring at mine.

"No, Mingyu, No. He might kill her." Jisoo Hyung hissed beside me.

"KIM MINGYU I NEED A FUCKING ANSWER DO YOU TRUST ME??" Now everyone's waiting for my answer.

I know. Using too much shock might actually kill her with her weak heart but is there anything to lose when I'm already losing?

"Yes I do, Hyung." My voice cracked as I answered him.

"Fuck you both!"

And that's when Jisoo Hyung stormed to Jeonghan Hyung's side making the nurses move away as the two of them did their work.