Are

The only thing you needed at all times, an absolute must have item, was an mp3 player you had received as a gift ages ago. It was remarkable it even worked still.

You hummed along to the music, tapping the beats with your foot as the car turned into the parking lot. Today was the day, your first time standing on stage as an idol.

"How is our leader feeling? We'll get to hear the song live." You flushed, embarrassed you had been caught. Yes I Am had been playing nonstop from your room. It was the perfect song to hype the team up! You were surprised they hadn't voted to ban you from playing it yet.

"Shouldn't you be practicing your own song?" Your manager asked, eyeing the four of you in the back. Your groupmates mumbled out excuses, and you took out your earbuds to speak, "Should we warm up now?"

They caught your meaning at your mischievous smirk, vocalizing as soon as the words left your mouth. Now your manager complained about the noise, as all four of you began warming up your throats.

What a random memory to recall. Maybe because it led up to the first time you met her properly. But that was three years ago. You had both done some growing up in that time. The pads of her fingers drummed a quick beat on the glass. You wanted to take a deep breath but the air seemed thick. The numbness was holding you together.

"Do you love me?" Byulyi whispered, if it had not been so quiet in the room you might not have heard her. Her brows were furrowed, worry etched on her face.

You blinked, giving her a dry laugh. "Byul, I've been in love with you since I was a trainee. Now even more so."

She nodded to herself, flattening her lips and closing her eyes. The groove between her brows disappeared in relief. You leaned over the table, your hand coming over hers on the glass. Her grip relaxed under your hand, eventually holding yours.

"I..I needed to hear it again."

"I'll tell you as many times as you need." The smile you gave her was warm and genuine. Heart thawing just with her presence. Byulyi's eyes shined with unspoken emotion. You already knew what she wanted to say back.

"I already told my company to confirm our relationship." You sat up quickly, your chair clattering under you at your movement. Your chest felt tight, pulse quickening at her admission. Did you hear that correctly?

"Would have sucked if you said you didn't love me." She managed a lopsided smile. Your hand briefly broke contact with hers as you stood to go around the table to be with her. Her chair scraped on the tile as she pushed it back, bringing you close so you stood between her legs.

"Does this mean we're-?" You asked, hands hesitantly going around her neck. 

"We're official." She hugged your stomach, face hiding there as you cradled her to you. You felt her shoulders shake and your shirt bunched in her hand. Outside she needed to be strong but here, in your home she didn't need to be.
 Who cared about the comments or what the public thought? Your whole heart was right here.