27 - PURSUERS.

27 - PURSUERS.

【 FAITH 】

"Guys! This way!" I yelled, Emma lead the kids to the place Ray said and help the other kids who are already getting tired. Some of them stopped to catch for breath and run again.

"Guys, guys! Let's all keep running! We'll be fine!" I raised my arms. I smiled to them before I continue running, we have to run away from here, Ray's doing his best to deal with that demon, so we have to do ours, too.

"We're getting close!" I said but stopped when I noticed something.

The heck, Ray's taking too much time to deal with that demon. Did something happened to him?

"Faith? Why?" Emma asked, the kids stopped running, too and turned their heads to me.

"Uhm---Ray's taking too much time...is he fine?" I blurted and held my chest, I feel nervous. I wonder what happened to Ray, I want to check his situation, what if he didn't make it?

No-no—I have to trust him.

"I'll check with him, Emma—EMMA?!" I run towards Emma and caught her to prevent from falling on the ground, dang, what happened...? 

Her temperature, it's high! And her wound opened up...

"Oh my gosh, she has a terrible fever!" Gilda spoke. the kids run towards us and surrounded me and Gilda. Wha---what should I do?! Ray's not here! Emma's unconscious! W-what do I do in this time?! What would Ray do? What would Norman do in this kind of situation?! What...

I need to find Ray, but Emma's condition is bad! Who should I..

Phew, calm down, Faith, calm down.

I took a deep breath as I stare at Emma. Her wound must've opened up because of the stress, plus...we had to do some heavy things because of that underground cave.

"Faith? What should we do?" Nat asked, I creased my forehead as I think of something. I really need to check up on Ray but, maybe I'll trust him with it, Emma needs me here.

"Gilda! Hand me some anticeptic, and some bandages, too, we need to wash it as well. Anna! Help me to clean up her wound and patch it up---"

"We'll take care of Emma, Faith. You go and find Ray," Gilda spoke and give me her reassuring smile, Don patted my shoulder with his smile, saying that I can rely on them. Well...I already know how prepared they are before we leave the house. I know I can count on my siblings. But...

"It's fine, I..." I paused.

"We need to check on Ray as well, Faith. Trust us with this," Anna spoke, I stared at her as I smile.

That's right, my siblings are reliable. I can leave Emma to them.

I stood up and nodded.

"Please take care of yourselves, too. Don and Gilda, you will be left here with the kids, please lead them well...I know you all can do it—right? Isabella's kids?" I smiled to them, they exchange looks and nod with strong and fierce expression.

"I'll be back in an instant!" I said before I started running.

"Take care!"