45 - A LONG DAY.

45 - A LONG DAY.

【 FAETHEAN 】

I stared at the photo of Norman and Emma, this one looks really cute. Norman's smiling in this picture as well. A soft, genuine, and gentle smile.

He seldomly do that right now. Norman's stiff, cold, and only smiles when he's with Eli or me. He's a lot different from those photos in this album. How nice it is to be a friend of this Norman.

Wait, I am his friend. But, that guy don't rely to me at all! Am I really a friend or what?!

For these past few days, I noticed that Norman does things on his own. True, he orders Zazie and the others but, those orders he gave are all related to his plan, and his plan only. Not too long ago--I mean, last time, since I don't remember anything long ago, nor too long ago.

So yeah, last time, I tried suggesting that I'll come with them at the Tifari, because that's their main plan. To attack the demons during the Tifari, and to destroy the capital. I was restless being the only one left out, so I tried telling him that I can help. My mind may have forgotten it but, my body still remembers. Not only was he mad, he also disregarded my suggestions. I totally get it, he wants to protect me from harm but, why is he being so overprotective? Unlike Eli who let me do what I want---except when I am having a bad headache. If Eli is the brother who let me do what I want, Norman is the brother who restricts me with everything that he think would harm me. I understand that he was thinking ahead but, how am I supposed to be independent this way? Plus, he don't listen to anything. Like how he ignored Eli's advice about those two demons.

I don't know about the Norman they know, the Norman I knew is different...

Somehow, thinking of that hurts me a bit, haha. The Norman they know, is the Norman I've forgotten.

This amnesia sucks.

I reached for the photo album that is placed on my side drawer. I haven't seen all the pictures yet because of my headache but, I wanna check it now. As soon as I open the album, I found myself---my previous self...? No, myself, yeah, I found a picture of myself sleeping peacefully. I'm wearing a white clean uniform, the same clothes I and the children in these photo album were wearing, looks like it's our official uniform. So, yeah...I'm sleeping peacefully. Of course, I don't remember when this was taken, nor who took it, but, they did a great job with the angle. I look really pretty here, hehe.

"Faith?" that voice, was it Alicia?

"Do you think she's still awake?" oh, that's Mark.

"Didn't you said that she's resting?" and that's Jemima.

"But, it's dinner time," Mark answered.

"Coming right up!" I replied with a loud voice, to let them hear me.

I quickly put the album back to my side drawer as I stood up and run towards the door.

And there, I found the three kids, and...

"Ray, again?" the kids giggled and tried to suppress their laughs because of my reaction. Wait, I didn't mean to offend him or anything.

"Ray again, she said," Alicia spoke, pointing at me, teasing her older brother.

"She's already tired of you, Ray..." Jemima said with a worried face. Why is she worried about it? And no, I'm not tired of him!

"No, no. It's just, he already visited me earlier," I scratched the back of my head as I force a smile to the kids. The kids giggled cutely, which made me smile, looks like even these simple things makes them happy. How adorable.