Chapter 3 || Grandpa

__Jared's POV__

Today is the second night of our mission. This time Helpy would be beside us doing our work since he excels at it and will guide or help us when needed. He sat on a chair and waved his arms excitedly as a new animatronic was carried to the salvage room.

It was a decayed robot, it was green like a military outfit and parts of a rotten body like bones and muscles were there. Once he was there, Helpy hid under the table and shivered.

"What's wrong bud?" I ask.

"I-I-Its him..." Helply mumbles.

"Who?" I ask curiously This guy seems to be a big deal.

"The killer of the souls who possess the animatronics. Your grandfather, William Afton." Helpy reveals to me. I gulp in shock. At this point, I never knew my family that much. Until now. I know why papa never talked about his side. It was corrupted and filled with trauma and a dark past.

Now, I discovered my grandfather was the entire mastermind behind this. the serial killer, the child murderer.

As I go back into reality, I ask Helpy some questions, since William did not attack considering we did not do the tests yet.

"What happened to him?"

"This was karma for killing the first 5 children. They followed him everywhere and he crept into a spring lock suit. the springlocks get loose when in contact with the water. it was raining when it happened, he was in a ruined pizzeria, so the raindrops passed through the ceiling and came in contact with the suit. It crushed him, killing him instantly." Helpy exclaims, putting his hands on his head, continuously shaking.

"There there Helpy. Please come back up. I need your help with this." I tell him, pleading to him that he gets off the table.

After a few minutes, Helpy regains courage and sits back on his chair.

"You're right. We can do this. You know the drill, Jared." He signals me to do the usual. I nod and turn to my notepad and tape. I press the buttons, and do my night work.

~Timeskip~

"What a deceptive calling, I knew it was a lie the moment I heard it, obviously, but it was intriguing nonetheless."

"You may not recognize me at first, but I assure you, it's still me."

After my part for tonight was complete, I walked out of the salvage room with Helpy, we were discussing some topics about this entire thing.

"We only open the pizzeria in the daytime, where the salvaged animatronics don't appear and attack, and in the night, no one will suspect a thing." He tells me as we walk past a stage with animatronics.

"That's good, but I want to know more about my family. The Afton family." I admit to the small bear.

Helpy sighs. He looks up at me and tells me a few things. "Michael isn't the only one. He had siblings: Christopher Afton and Elisabeth Afton. You have a grandma as well, but not much is known about her. I do know all of their deaths, and in order. Elisabeth was the first to die after she was killed by a robot that William made to kill children for him. Elisabeth possessed that animatronic. Circus Baby. She is one of the unhinged animatronics that we must burn."

I gulp. How many relatives am I gonna salvage?

"I advise you a good luck tomorrow. She is completely insane. Got it form her father.

Chris is harmless. He does not possess anything, making him able to move on to the afterlife. He was killed by your father, but by accident. It was a childhood prank that went wrong.

Your grandmother possesses the ballerina animatronic from Circus Baby's rental: Ballora. Mental state is unknown."

"Am I going to meet her?" I ask.

"You already did."

"What?" I ask, confused. I did not meet a ballerina yesterday...just that molten...thing.

Both of us were now sitting beside two punch machines that were serving us drinks to refresh ourselves.

"In Circus Baby's rental, Ballora, Elisabeth and other animatronics merged to make Ennard, then escaped the bunker. Following that, they kicked Baby out, making Ennard Molten Freddy. So yes, technically you did meet your grandmother." Helpy specifies.

(Remember Book 1? Well, turns out when Ennard was crushed by a car, it wasn't the case, he merged into the driver incognito.)

"How much salvage price are we having tonight?" I ask. "Yesterday was 500."

"1000. The price gets larger form the first night. Don't worry, there are only two nights left." Helpy replies. There was silence after that as we were served pizza for our efforts.

"I still remember his voice..." I shiver my turn. Grandpa's voice was terrifying and intimidating. The voice of a true mastermind.

"Wait till you hear your aunt Circus Baby, or should I say...Scrap Baby." Helpy says.

After this conversation, Lucia leaves the monitor room and was wiping the sweat off her head. The sweat was from fear and not from heat, since the room has aircon.

"Hey, guys! Jeez, that was tiring, but this one was acting very strangely to me. He said...weird things." Lucia says nervously.

"Like what?" I ask.

"He said 'I always come back!' and 'Fascinating, what they have become.'"

" Guess I'll have to tell her." I sigh in frustration, knowing that I'll have to tell Lucia about that animatronic being our grandad and stuff.

"No, I'll take care of it," Helpy tells me. "It's my job after all." He assures me. He takes a cup and fills it with the punch and hands it to Lucia. the two then go to another room to discuss a few things.

After this, we'll have to leave. It's late. Normally our aunt picks us up and takes us home. We sleep the entire day while she handles the pizzeria during the daytime. Then at nighttime, we return for the night shift.

Jeez me and Lucia are turning into nocturnals.