Chapter 5 || Lefty

__Jared's POV__

Finally! My last shift! This was the last animatronic to salvage! I think I'm lucky to have the salvaging part cause at least I don't have to fend myself against four other animatronics. Plus since I start first, I have all the time to myself after it. By that, I mean drinking punch all the time.

I sat on the chair, and Helpy sat on another one they brought in. As I got ready for the last salvage, two men carried a female animatronic. She was black. Her hair, her clothes. The other remaining parts, like her badge, the ribbon on her hat, her left eye, and the skirt was red. She had bear ears like Molten Freddy. Some joints of her body opened a teeny bit to reveal striped clothing.

Upon seeing her, Helpy got pale.

"Jared...Unde the table please."

That was a thing he'd say when he needed to tell me something important under the table during work.

I nodded my head and went under, and there he was, sitting down on the floor. I crossed my legs as I sat down.

"What is it bud?"

"That animatronic you see there? That animatronic's name is Lefty. He used to be male."

"What happened?" I asked curiously. How did a male animatronic turned into a female?

"Henry had a deceased daughter named Charlotte. She was the second child to be killed by William. She possessed an animatronic called the Puppet. She was driven here as well, but Henry made Lefty, which was made to capture her. The mission was a success, but the animatronic's gender changed to a girl's.

The Puppet had powers: Ressurection and purple fire. Getting captured by Lefty must've given him powers as well! We don't know for sure, be careful!" Helpy explains and warns me about the unknown power.

I nodded as we get up from under the table. I realize something and signal Helpy to stay under the table.

"Helpy! If Charlie is in there, and we're working for Henry, we can assure her about the mission and that she and many others will be set free!" I exclaim.

"She might not be able to inc=tercept your words, but okay." Helpy agrees and we get back to our seats. Before starting the tests, I speak to the robot.

"Hello...Um...Charlie? Are you in there?"I ask.

The robot did not budge. But after a moment of hesitation, it tilted its head, its eyes stared at me, but not in a hostile way, it looked at me, as if wanting to know why I was talking to them.

"I just wanted to tell you that me and helpy are working with your father to help set you and other victims free," I explain. "The process might be painful to you, and I apologize in advance."

Lefty/Charlie moved their head upwards in shock when I mentioned Henry. That meant she was truly in there and understood.

It nodded it's head in understatement that she will get hurt in the process to be freed.

"it's gonna be alright, "I tell her and pressed the button to play Henry's tapes, which will make Charlie believe us more, since she was after all Henry's daughter, and might recognize his voice.

"Congratulations on completing your first day, however, your job isn't over just yet. There's another aspect of your end of day routine, and that is inspecting and salvaging any animatronics found in the alley outside the backdoor. Things are found here quite often and while we aren't sure why, what we do know is that they can be used for parts. Which can mean a much-needed revenue boost before starting your next day. Of course, as with everything else in this line of work, those benefits come with risks. The safest thing to do is to throw it back outside, but then you get no money for the salvage. Choose to keep it and you run the risk of certain negative consequences, namely death, should the item in question not be as docile as it first appeared. If you do decide to try to salvage it, then you must complete the maintenance checklist. During this testing phase check on the animatronic frequently, if you feel that it is coming unstable, use the taser provided to you. You can use it three times without damaging the hardware. Every use over three, however, will decrease the item's salvage value."

Just as I thought, the animatronic seemed happy and surprised to hear Henry.

"You have chosen to proceed with the maintenance checklist. Remember, use your company-issued taser to return the animatronic to a neutral state if you feel that it's becoming unstable or aggressive. You can only use it three times before it begins to damage the animatronic and decrease its value. Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1.

Begin audio prompt in 3... 2.. 1.

Document results.

You have completed the maintenance checklist and may proceed with the salvage, well done. End Tape."

The salvage was complete. The door opens. Before leaving, I spoke to Charlie once more.

"Good luck in the afterlife." I wave her bye.

And in shock, I saw her do something a human would do: wave bye back at me and smile kindly as the door closes.