Chapter 6 || Meeting the Animatronics

__Jared's POV__

Once again, Helpy and I were done with my part of the work and sat down and drank punch.

It was Saturday and one day remained from the mission and our dads' vacation ending.

Tomorrow, as Henry said, is the day we burn all the animatronics (except for Helpy, he does not possess a soul) I saw the sadness in his eyes when he reminisces of his dead daughter who came to possess the Puppet.

Now knowing what to do, Helpy invited me to meet his friends. I raised an eyebrow making him specify.

"The animatronics. The ones who work here, not the bad salvaged ones."He tells me.

Oh. I got up and so did he, and led me to three stages. One had four animatronics, a bunny, a chicken, a bear, and a fox. Another had a hippo, an elephant, a frog, and a different bear. The last had three animatronics: a pink chicken, a beaver, and a weird-looking robot with many legs, black empty eyes, and held cymbals.

Once I saw each of them Helpy made the introductions. As he spoke, the animatronics came to life and observed my face.

"Everyone, this is Jared! the grandson of William Afon and Michael's son! he and his sister Lucia are working on this mission alongside Henry and me!

Each of them waved hi and me, greeting me with happy welcoming smiles.

"These are the rockstar animatronics: Rockstar Freddy, Rockstar Chica, Rockstar Bonnie, Rockstar Foxy, and his parrot Mira."

(I made the parrot a separate animatronic that can fly and sit on R.Foxy's shoulder)

"These three are the Posh Pizzeria Gang! Funtime Chica, El Chip, and Music Man."

Funtime Chica strikes a pose and gives me a flying kiss. El Chip greets me in what seemed to be Mexican, and the Music Man stared at me to the point I was mortified.

"And last but not least, these are the Mediocre Melodies! Nedd Bear, Happy Frog, Orville Elephant, Mr.Hippo, and Pigpatch! The last three are possessed by old men."

Happy frog got off the stage and hugged me tightly.

"Yay! A new friend who's my age!" She squeals.

True, she did seem my age with her height and appearance, not to mention her voice.

"Now that I have presented you to the bands, Let me introduce you to the last one," Helpy says as he pulls my hand, separating me form Happy. Her smile faded as I was being pulled away. All I could do to cheer her up was to wave at her, with a soft sympathetic smile.

Her face shined once more and she waved bye at me again.

So cute...

I turn to Helpy as he wrote something down on a notepad. Since we were moving, I couldn't see much, but I managed to see my name written on it.

We arrived at a huge gift box. He climbed to the top despite being short and having not-so-long limbs.

The magenta bear knocked on the lid, and an animatronic came out of it. He had black hair, blue tear streaks and eyes, and red cheeks. His body looked like a puppet.

"This is Security Puppet! He's the one who saved Charlie by resurrecting her!" Helpy exclaims.

"It's a long story." The male puppet sighs and shook my hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Jared. I am hoping to see your sister as well after her shift." He finally ends his presentation by going back to his gift box.

After all this, the two of us walked back to those punch robots that had already started to leak out punch all over the floor. In front of them was Rockstar Chica, cursing and grumbling something I couldn't hear. But I was sure she was frustrated as she was the one wiping the floors, which was no use, the punch continuously leaked. But she wasn't alone. Happy Frog was filling the cups with the punch leaking from the tap. She placed the filled cups on the floor, sometimes gasping for air.

"WOULD ANYBODY WANT TO DRINK PUNCH?" she shouts.

I and Helpy offered to drink the cups, because after all, that's what we have been doing for a while now, even getting a remark from Aunt Rosie, calling us 'divorced men'.

The fact that Helpy and I looked like alcoholics was inevitable. After all, we did drink after those shifts of pure nightmares and stress.

As we both sat down to drink, Happy Frog joined in, drinking in her cup, and refilling it with the still-leaking-punch-machine.

We happily continued this for a few minutes, until Rockstar Chica slams her cloth on the floor.

"That's it! HENRY THE RETARDED PUNCH MACHINES ARE LEAKING AGAIN!" She screamed, we then heard Henry mumbling 'Mkay' from another room.

"There are other robots as well here, but they have no conscience. Like...these..." Helpy makes a weird expression as he waves his arm over at the punch machines.

I nod and turn to Happy Frog as we both started a conversation I thought I'd never had. It wasn't about the mission at all, just about daily lives I'd hear my classmates rant about to their friends.

I smiled. I finally got someone I'd deem a friend.

Too bad she will be burned tomorrow.